Microsoft Office 2013 pricing and packages announced

Jos

Microsoft has announced pricing details for its upcoming Office 2013 packages as well as the subscription rates for the cloud-based Office 365. Interestingly, the company seems to be steering customers towards the latter, saying the online solution will be updated...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/50196-microsoft-office-2013-pricing-and-packages-announced.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

ReederOnTheRun

Apple needs to develop an office suite to bring these prices down. Until then I'll have to see how Libre Office does.

MilwaukeeMike

The other day I realized I was using office 2007 instead of 2010. I couldn't even tell because they look pretty similar. What's new about 2013?

waterytowers

MS Office is purely a business suite, I haven't used it at home for more than 5 years, OpenOffice, now Libre Office is perfectly good for writing documentation. Even at work I mostly edit documents in Libre Office. Someone else creates the document templates using MS Office and I just edit. My work MS Office license is mostly a waste of money, but corporates don't like to hear that...

G

Office 2007 mainstream support ends October 2017, which leaves me just five years at most to decide what to do next: stick with it or wait till Office 2017 (unless everything has moved to the cloud) :D