Microsoft Power Point

philthyphil

Hi,When I try to open certain attachments,it comes up with,".Usage,/extract:path.extract the contentof the packageto path folder,/quiet runsthe packagein silent mode...../?shows this help message,this is with Microsoft Office Power Point"with Windows 7,how do I access the attachment and what caused it?,thanks a million...Philthyphil

Sounds most likely that you are trying to open a file that has been compressed in order to send it to you. First, check the 'properties' of the file, if it ends in .zip or .rar, then it needs to be 'uncompressed' first, then Powerpoint can open it.

The 'old' (Office 2003) Powerpoint save type was .ppt, now with Office 2007 & 2010, the 'default' save type is '.pptx', (and several others also).
There is a list of file types that will open in MS Office programs at;
http://www.file-extensions.org/filetype/extension/name/microsoft-office-files

Thanks Mike....Properties of the attachment is as follows,Protocol.Hyper Text Protocol,Type,GIF image,Size.633bytes,but the file size prior to trying to open is [2535KB],I have no problem opening other files and my wife withxp had no problems,thanks for your time,Phil

If it is a .gif file, then it should open ok in any image editor, (Paint etc).
Fairly sure it wouldn't open in Powerpoint. (Although .gif images can be used in a Powerpoint file.) Maybe what has happened, a .ppt file was sent to you, and the .gif image was sent separately, outside of it. Hope that helps.

Back