Microsoft releases IE10 Platform Preview 2

Emil

Staff

Microsoft has released the second platform preview of Internet Explorer 10. You can download it now directly from the Microsoft Download Center: Windows Internet Explorer Platform Preview. Until Windows 8 is released, Windows 7 32-bit or Windows 7 64-bit is required to install and use IE10.

Internet Explorer 10 Platform Preview 2 adds support for several new technologies like CSS3 Positioned Floats, HTML5 Drag-drop, File Reader API, Media Query Listeners, and initial support for HTML5 Forms. HTML5 Application performance has been improved across the board, as well as the ability to deliver better performance with more efficient use of battery life with new technologies like Web Workers with Channel Messaging, Async script support, and others. Web application security has been improved using the same markup with support for HTML5 Sandbox for iframe isolation.

IE10 is expected to be the version of Internet Explorer that comes with Windows 8, which should ship in 2012. Microsoft released the first platform preview of IE9 on March 16, 2010 and then released the final version on March 14, 2011. IE10 should thus be released in 2012, but we're hoping it to take less time to develop than IE9. If a rumor that says Windows 8 will RTM in April 2012 proves true, this could indeed come to pass.

Microsoft is promising a new platform preview approximately every 12 weeks. IE10 PP1 was released on April 12, 2011, which is about 11 weeks ago. With IE9, Microsoft promised an update every eight weeks, but this wasn't a strict schedule.

Permalink to story.

And microsoft still fails just because you can't install it on XP. Why can mozilla and google do it and they can't? This is why people still use IE6 and IE7.

because technology does not go backwards. especially 10 years. time to move on. get over XP

puiu said:
And microsoft still fails just because you can't install it on XP. Why can mozilla and google do it and they can't? This is why people still use IE6 and IE7.

Why do people still use those when IE8 works on XP?

IE8 is dreadful but compared to IE6 and IE7, its a god send!

Just move on from XP now, it really is an old product and will be losing support in the coming couple of years.

puiu said:

who the f*** still uses Windows XP god I feel sorry for you!

"who the f*** still uses Windows XP god I feel sorry for you!"

Only 50% of the World !!!

"who the f*** still uses Windows XP god I feel sorry for you!"

Only 50% of the World !!!

If you mean corporations that are forced to for legacy applications I agree, or people in third world countries that makes dollars a day I agree.

80% of the world is noobs too it doesn't mean you follow the sheep!

Back