Microsoft Works Database printing issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

treeski

Hey all. My dad is having an issue with his computer that I've been unable to figure out, whether by my own means or just by searching. He is running Microsoft Works 6.0 on Windows Vista 32bit Home Edition, and is having some trouble printing from Works Database, which he uses quite a lot.

Whenever he tries to print something from Database (or go into print preview) he gets the following error:

Code:
The printer driver is missing or not valid.

Run the Windows Setup program to install the printer software again.

Naturally I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer several times, but to no avail. Also an important note: This issue ONLY happens with Works Database, and not with any other product (Microsoft or otherwise).

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated :)

I have been doing more research and I'm starting to think that there is just a compatibility issue. I'm still wondering if anyone knows how to make this work with Vista.

If anyone has any suggestions on a program that is an alternative to Microsoft Database, that would also be pretty helpful. It's the only program my dad uses from the Works Suite.

Thanks again...

What printer?

Hi treeski,
I am new also but had some issues with my printer and now with Microsoft Works 7.0.
I have checked some of your answers and don't think I am repeating what someone else has posted. Sorry if I am.
I had a major crash and lost some critical software. Am slowly fixing things one step at a time. When the auto update program came back the computer went nuts all by itself.I noticed more printers than I ever had. Only one actual printer is in use at this time. I believe one of the others is a Windows printer to be used with certain programs.This I still need to check on,but when you said you removed and reloaded a printer, was it an actual printer or a Windows printer? I had to reload my HP deskjet series 5550v.The reason for needing to reload was a
bad download. I was supposed to unplug the printer from the computer before the download. Is this possibly the reason for your issue or maybe Works should use the Windows printer. This happened after updating to Microsoft .net framework 3,5 AM NOT SURE.. Like I said ,newbie here.
Hopefully someone can help us both. By the way,after unplugging the HP deskjet from the computer and reloading, it works. Good Luck to us both Magnet12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back