Missing hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickslick74

Hello from a noob!

Here is my situation. My computer has 2 hdd. HD1 is the main drive (36gig Raptor) with Windows XP Pro installed on it. HD2 is a 200gig Seagate used a data storeage only (pictures, music, etc...). Both are SATA drives. I had to re-install Windows and now the 2nd HD does not show up in Windows Explorer. It does show up in the bios, disk management and device manager. In disk management I have tried to assign it a drive letter, but that is not an option.

Do I need to change it from a Basic disk to a Dynamic disk to get it to appear and show all of its data? I really do need to get at the data on that drive, or else I'm dead meat!

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Now I dont have SATA but I am having a very similar problem. My second HDD shows up in Device Manager and I can not get into my bios now but that is another story I have a Soyo KT880 mobo and I can not see my second HDD for about 6 months now everything I do does not seem too work. Troubleshooting does not work. Both HDD's are the same Western Digital WD800JB-00CRA1 Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have some important documents on there. - Decibel

Decibel, create your own post since this is old.
I take it it is not a brand new hard drive that has not been formatted?

Regards,

Korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back