Missing localesentCMP.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

My first post. I my anti-virus software AVG removed the below file after identifying a trojan. I need to locate and re install it somehow, it's absence is detrimentally affecting how text appears. The attached error message appears when I boot Windows ( I blurred out my username). I'm using XP and Firefox.

Cheers

Attachments

• localesent.jpg
    localesent.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 9
hmm; an A/V product should not be running from that location.

1. login as Admin
  2. uninstall the existing product
  3. reboot
  4. login as Admin
  5. reinstall correctly

i think localesentCMP.dll is part of malware. AVG disabled the malware by removing the .dll file but there's still more pieces. My guess: you have a startup that's still trying to call the now missing dll.

Let's see if we can find it. Download Autoruns. Click autoruns.exe to run it.
> Notice its status displayed in the in lower left corner of window.
> Wait for status in lower left says Ready
> Click File->Save As, save as a .txt (text) file and attach text file to next post

I have the same exact problem. Until I've found out what localesentCMP.dll actually does and how I get rid of it completely I have at least disabled it in startup.

I think it might have happened when my version of firefox failed in updating to the latest version for a couple of weeks so possibly became vulnerable during that period.

I've attached the file.

Attachments

• AutoRuns.txt
    146.8 KB · Views: 10
There's a registry entry still trying to start file localesentCMP.dll. Run autoruns again then click Ctl-F and enter
Code:
localesentCMP

Click Find Next. When it finds the localesentCMP entry, rt click Delete it then exit Autoruns

You can also delete the directory as well (note i replaced the userid with dashes below)
Code:
D:\Documents and Settings\---\Local Settings\Application Data\localesentCMP

@Twisby: Note you can do the above as well. The file localesentCMP.dll is malware you don't want on your machine

Thank you, I followed your instructions and no longer receive the error message upon booting. I couldn't see a localesent directory at that location even with viewing the hidden files so was unable to take any action on that.

However, some text in now appears in slightly the wrong places when browsing forums since I've had this malware. Could it be related to how text appears? I am unfamiliar with what these events may have influenced.

Thank you, I followed your instructions and no longer receive the error message upon booting. I couldn't see a localesent directory at that location even with viewing the hidden files so was unable to take any action on that.
You're most welcome. Glad to hear it's fixed

However, some text in now appears in slightly the wrong places when browsing forums since I've had this malware. Could it be related to how text appears? I am unfamiliar with what these events may have influenced.
I'm not really sure about the answer to this problem. You might try reinstalling Java
> Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs, then uninstall the Java entries
> Then click here to re-install the latest Java

But if the problem persists (and no other answers to your Problem with text placement in browser in this thread) you might try posting a new thread with a new title to draw responses from others about it

Hope you get it fixed!

Very nicely answered. I'm getting the same error message at startup and tried the above fix, but there's nothing listed by that name in the readout from AutoRuns. Any ideas? The .txt from AutoRuns is attached.

Attachments

• AutoRuns.txt
    133.9 KB · Views: 2
Look again. I can see it in your autoruns txt output file as well. Click your cursor at position at start of autoruns then click Ctrl-F to find localesentCMP.
Code:
+ "localesentCMP"	""	""	"File not found: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\localesentCMP\localesentCMP.dll"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back