Mobo issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skarmory2002

Hi Guys and Gals!

So let me lay everything out on the line here for you all. I have a computer that does not post. It worked one morning before I went to work, and when I came home, the system was frozen and I could not get it to work, so I restarted it and thus we are at this issue.

I have tried everything I can think of for this problem and nothing is working. I have been doing everything I can, over a total of 6 months (you may be able to see why I'm rather frustrated now).

I have bench tested this board, cpu and ram. Fail
I have removed ram and tested board an cpu. Fail
Replaced Ram. Fail.
Sent in processor for RMA. Received back, no issues from AMD. Fail.
Sent in motherboard to ASUS, received a replacement. Fail.
Replaced PSU, Fail
Works with an AMD x2 5000+BE

The CPU is an AMD Athlon x4 Phenom 9850+ BE.
The Ram is a 4GB Kit of G.Skill Pi Series.

Supposedly, all parts I have are good and working, but do not work together.
I am at the point that I will never buy an ASUS board again, but do however want to get this working. It is not a CPU problem as that was tested at AMD. It is not a board issue, as that was replaced. It is not a RAM issue as that was replaced. It is not a PSU issue as that was replaced. The only thing that points a finger is that it works with a 5000+. I have upgraded BIOS to version 1502, but I cannot get it to work with the 9850+

Is there anybody out there that can help me fix this problem before I decide to start from scratch???

please read my NO POST guide in the guides forum. Also ASUS boards are VERY ram particular and only support specific brands/ types. RTFM.

So after going through every no post guide I could find, I decided to RMA the board.
I got a new board from ASUS, plunked the CPU in and guess what, still no post.

I tried to RMA it again, but I could not get them to talk to me.

So I decided to send my CPU in for testing. I got my CPU back. No issues.

Kinda upset right now as my computer isnt working, and nobody is willing to help me fix it.

I decided to buy a new motherboard. I got an MSI board and guess what, it works.

This is the last time I buy ASUS. Just so everyone has an update on this post. It is good and fixed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back