1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice


By jimh33
Jan 26, 2008
  1. hi i'm new to pc building and have a question i'm buying mine all pieces separate i'm getting an evga 122-ck-nf67-t1 mobo to be paired with an intel 6600 since it will be awhile before i can get the cpu is there any way to test if a motherboard is all in working order with out have the cpu a tester of some sort ?and anyone have any problems with the motherboard i mentioned thanks .
  2. raybay

    raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +10

    I see your problem. What computer do you have now, and what type of video graphics card?
    The thing to do is to test them together... or buy the motherboard and video graphics card last, since they are usually two of the more difficult parts with which to deal under warranty.
  3. jimh33

    jimh33 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 33

    my computer now is a hp 8034n athlon 5000 3gb ddr2 4oogb hd bfg 8600 gt oc 256mb i want to build one with an intel but reason i bought the motherboard 1st was a good deal i know that evga has the 2 year warranty i just wonder how that works if something didnt work what and how they would cover it like i said i have the motherboard but is going to be awhile before i get the cpu.
  4. mailpup

    mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 7,102   +419

    The two year warranty begins as soon as you buy it regardless of whether you install it or it just sits in the box. If there is a problem with the motherboard within the warranty period, you go to the manufacturer's website and request an RMA. You need their authorization before returning anything. They will repair or replace it at their option, usually. Depending on the retailer or online e-tailer you get it from, if you discover a defect within a certain period, like 30, 60 or some number of days, you can RMA it to that seller for replacement. Again, you have to get an authorization. It varies depending on what it is and where you got it from. After that period, you then have to deal with the manufacturer.

    Don't take this the wrong way, but could you please make an effort to punctuate your posts instead of making it one long sentence? It's difficult to follow what you are trying to say.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add New Comment

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...