Modem Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

I went to Phone/Modem Options & the following are listed;-

Intel[R] 536EP modem not present
Intel[R] 536EP modem #2 COM4

The first one is highlighted, my question is, am I on the correct one, & if so, what is meant by "not present", as to the one not highlighted what is "COM4"?, would someone please enlighten me, perhaps P66......?

Thanks, Maurice

i think you either need to change your interrupt/irq settings or uninstall them both and let plug and play detect it.

Thanks, dopefisher. I'll look into that, BTW, welcome to Techspot, you'll LOVE it,.....Mechanicsburg?, must be, or was, an industrial area, I guess?

Maurice
gentleman.gif

lol yes. mechanicsburg was so-named for its high popultaion of mechanics around 1850 or some other long-forgotten era lol. :hotouch: and yes theres industry around here, but its rapidly commercializing.

btw to stay in topic, hows your modem doin now??

Yes, DF, as you say, best to stay in topic, it wouldn't be the first time that some of us have been "told off" for going off the subject, but it usually takes several postings before the mods step in, they're pretty reasonable, really.
Yes, there must be a lot of places in The States, that have gone, or going the same way, they tell me that even Detroit, is a shadow of it's old self, the same goes for here in England, in a smaller way.
Nice talking to you, have a look at my rig etc.,in my profile, just click on my name to get the drop-down.

Maurice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back