Modem Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a new computer today, and my wireless internet connection works, but my wire connection does not. It worked until I switched computers. Anyone know why this is?

It worked until I switched computers. Anyone know why this is?

when you said you "switched"
a) did you unplug the wire cable from old computer and plug into new?
b) what does the other end of wire cable plug into?

But if you want to possibly avoid lots of detail about all your hardware setup only one generic thing to try: power cycle all your equipment. power it all down. then bring them back up one at a time starting with the device furthest from your computer (i.e. the one closest to the internet)

Yeah, i unplugged the cable and then plugged it into my new one. my comp is a sony vaio JS all in one PC. the connection place is on the back. the other end plugs into my wireless router which goes to my motorola modem. I tried unplugging my modem, turning off my comp, then plugging it in and turning on my computer. doesnt work.

1. Try turning off the router as well as the computer when you power cycle

2. Find the metal tag on the router and indicate it's exact make/model

3. Download and run Everest Home. From top of Everest window:
  • Click File->Preferences
    • Check English
    • Still under Preferences click Report, uncheck Include Debug Information
    • Close Preferences window
  • Click Reports->Report Wizard. Get a Custom Report in plain text. Check items
    • Computer
    • Motherboard
    • Network
  • Attach the report file to a TechSpot post. When you create your TechSpot post, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see it among your icons, you need to click the TechSpot Go Advanced button towards bottom of window)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back