Mojang sells 10 million copies of Minecraft for the PC

Shawn Knight

TechSpot Staff
Staff member
The indie sensation Minecraft has now sold more than 10 million copies according to a recent tweet from Mojang customer support manager Marc Watson. It’s worth pointing out that this milestone only includes copies for the PC, Mac and Linux...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/52160-mojang-sells-10-million-copies-of-minecraft-for-the-pc.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

Kibaruk

TechSpot Paladin
So when the heck is Mojang going to do a "weekend sale" or something like that? =P

I want some friends to play, but I won't pay full price for their copies hehe (Damned Steam... now everything must be in sale to be bought)

Reactions: avoidz

aaronfranke268

TS Member
So when the heck is Mojang going to do a "weekend sale" or something like that? =P

I want some friends to play, but I won't pay full price for their copies hehe (Damned Steam... now everything must be in sale to be bought)
The game is already cheap as it is - I would easily pay $100 for Minecraft.

Kibaruk

TechSpot Paladin
Dude... it was sarcasm, the computer edition is $60 the same as pretty much every newly big publisher release.

Chris Barry

TS Rookie
I know, steam ruined buying full games prices @ like $50 $60!!! Any game I see that hits say $5 $10, I have to buy.. It's so sad, I still have so many I havnt played from X-mas sales and what not!

cliffordcooley

TS Redneck
I first read your comment a couple of days ago and I can not get one question out of my mind.
  • Would you pay $100 for each individual game or just Minecraft?
Follow up questions:
  • What is so special about Minecraft, that someone would spend $100 for?
  • If every game was $100, how big would everyones game library be?
  • How much would the average person be willing to spend, enlarging their game library regardless of individual game prices?
Personally, I draw a line at $30 per game of interest to me. It's a game, a past time, something we don't actually need I our lives. This world could be so much more constructive, if they wasn't so wasteful in their past time.

Reactions: andrewyoung
G

I only remember paying around 20 bucks for minecraft they don't charge alot for it.