Monitor keeps going into sleep mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've searched online about this issue and can't seem to find one exactly like mine. We bought a new desktop a couple of months ago, Windows 7 home Premium is our operating system. We previously had Vista. We are using a 22 inch LCD Westinghouse moniter. The issue I am having is my moniter will go into sleep mode, especailly while I am in the middle of doing something, Be it playing a game, surfing the web or typing an email. I have disabled sleep and power saver mode and have turned off my screen saver as some people have suggested on other forums I have looked at. It still does it. I have gone onto Microsoft.com and the only help there is to tell you how to turn sleep mode off. Mine already is! What usually happens when it does this, I'll move my mouse and it'll pop right back on. Sometimes however, it will not come back on unless I hold down the power button on the moniter. I have updated all of my drivers and the only conclusion I can come to is this is a Windows 7 glitch and they have yet to fix it. Can anyone tell me whatelse I can possibly do to fix this? Some days it barely does it and others, like today so far, it has done it 3 times within an hour. Very annoying to say the least....

Almost sounds like what I had cept not as bad. My monitors would go into sleep mode on a brand new comp with my radeon 4750. cept it happened either at power on or whenever it felt like it in windows xp. they would not however come back unless i forced the computer off and even that didn't guarantee it. moreover, no one seemed to know about this cuz no one repsonded to me on this forum.

my problem was solved by upgrading windows xp to windows 7. in ur case i can't really suggest that. are you running 32 or 64bit win 7? what's your power supply unit? could also try running a registry edit program to fix registry errors in windows. also, post the specs of your computer like i did below.

intel i3 2.93 duo
4GB DDR3 RAM
ATi Radeon 4750 HD 512mb DDR3
1TB HD 7200 RPM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back