Monitor power saving mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

VsUK

I currently run Win7 Home Premium with a XFX HD4870 GPU. After adding a new hard drive to my system & re organized some power connections to increase airflow around my tower ive had a problem with my monitor sticking in power saving mode when i first boot up my system.
The monitor is a LG FLATRON W2243S. When i first turn on my system & monitor for the day, the monitor stops on power saving mode until my win7 desktop has fully loaded, but when i restart my system it activates from the off quick enough to show my GPU post screen before my board Post screen.

I swapped my monitor with the wifes & she plugged mine in hers & booted up this morning for the first time & both activated instantly to show the GPU post screens before anything else loads. But when i connected back my monitor after shutting down the system, i get the same power saving mode hang.

I know the monitor is not faulty or my GPU as it would of shown when i swapped monitors over to do the test. The only other possibility is my GPU at first boot isnt getting enough power to activate my Monitor strait away but im told thats not a likely cause being lack of power provided to the GPU, as i have 2 drives sharing the same lead that powers the GPU & i thought its struggling a little.

This is causing me problems mainly when i boot from a cd to perform boot time scans or other tools & my duel boot system i can use as i cant switch between whatever windows i want as it dosnt activate until windows loads up.

I really hope someone can provide some tips on possible causes as im all out of options.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back