Monitor will not turn on with new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything inside my new build is put in place and I hooked it up all up today to get ready to install windows and mobo drivers etc...but when I plug everything in, my monitor will not turn on. When I unplug my monitor cable from the back of my video card, the light on my monitor turns green and an image on my screen says "No Signal, Check video cable?" so I go to plug my monitor cable back into my video card and when I do, the light on my monitor turns Orange. At this point, I cannot do anything with my monitor except shut it off. Either way, no image comes up on my screen. All fans inside my computer go on when I push the start button. The fan on my cpu cooler and the fan on my video card both start up. Anyone know the problem? My system specs are as follows

CPU:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33GHz

Video Card:
EVGA 7600GT PCI-E 256MB

RAM:
2GB Crucial DDR2 667

Hard Drive:
Western Digital 160GB Serial ATA

Motherboard:
MSI Intel 945GC Micro ATX Intel Motherboard LGA 775

PSU:
500Watt Power supply that came in my case

I have onboard video on that mobo I beleive, so I tried to disable it by hooking my monitor up to the VGA port on my mobo and my monitor did the same thing........

im having some guy come over my house tommorow to look at my comp so i guess its all good

try to remove your 7600 and then insert the video cable to vga port on your mobo... if it works., then maybe you should just configure the default videocard which will be used in BIOS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back