FIFA (all)
Runescape
WOW

UnderRated

Unreali Tornament Series
Warcraft III
Star Craft
Bioshock

How is Starcraft UNDERRATED? It is one of the most OVERrated games I know. I got it recently and thought "Wow, CNC Generals kills it". I say that because it isn't beginner friendly when it comes to skirmishes. Not even a chance to make it easier!

And the Pokemon Series is not overrated, it just depends on your taste. Some of these so "great" of games suck to me, but I could play pokemon GB games all day no problem.

I am not sure, but I doubt bioshock is underated.

jtickner1:

I can't see why CS:S is Overrated, it is a very good game. Unless you know people that are like "OMG, it is teh greates game EVAR", then I understand.

WOW is VERY, VERY overrated. It has too many people playing, it has a monthly fee, and wastes your life away. The amount of time you spend playing that you could have done so much in your life.

Here is my list:

Overrated:
Halo series
Kingdom Hearts series (it's good, but not that good)
Earthbound

Underrated:
Chrono Cross
Final Fantasy XII
Swat: Global Strike Team
Gran Turismo 4
Killer Instinct GOLD

I can see way any CS game is overrated because it's my opinion. That many people play it around the world and i think it's one of the most boring games ever.

Ahh, well I can see why now. You never stated that you thought it was boring! ;)

But yes, I see your point. It all depends on what you like in games.

Overrated:
========
Crysis
Halo series
UT3

Underrated
==========
Supreme Commander
City Life: World Edition
The Movies
Fable

Overrated
I am going to agree with halo here. I mean its a fun game, but its not really that special.
WoW. That game is like crack i swear. My lil bro is a PoW (Prisoner of Warcraft)

Underrated
Deus Ex (now this game is ussually always praised, but i love it so much that it deserves more praise)
Viva Pinata (I thought this was like a kids game until I played it. OMG its soo fun)

I had to add Gears of War to my overrated list, and Viva Pinata and Fable to my underrated. Viva Pinata is sooooooooooooooooooo good

this thread is just BEGGING for a flame war. there's so much opinion in this that people are going to get angry over what was put as underrated and what was put as overrated.

i can see it now...someone is going to come along and scream at the top of their lungs that this one game was so great and it wasn't overrated, or someone is going to come in slinging crap everywhere over how much a game sucked.

i'm sorry but...i think making this thread may have been asking for trouble.

I'll probably have people with pitch forks and torches chasing me through the countryside, but IMO the #1 gaming franchise that is the MOST OVERRATED in the history of gaming is: The Diablo Series.

There, I said it! Talk about a snooze festzzzzzzz... After picking up Diablo 2 and its add on pack I quickly realized that even at bargain bin prices I was ripped off. I forced myself to finish it because I spent my $ even though I was bored to tears more times than I can count.

* End of rant *

Fable is underrated yes.WoW is overrated and it suxxorz/addictive.Couter strike Source is not overrated it is quite fun when killing time(or wanting to headshot someone)I mean-CS with physics~!
Anyways Diablo,Starcraft overrated,not to mention Far (Deepshiat) Cry,and Cry(me a river,ur pc sux)sys,Half-Life 1/2,Half-Second-life 2/square root3..and so on...Orange crappy box included.Amongs other things that are sucky overrated is false ads to a game like Tabula Rasa,that proclaims its gameplay abhores(avoids involving,dislikes)grindfest,but eventually it ends on infinite GRIND.i dont like waste of time.a lot of games are over and under,but people have dif.ops.

You think the half life franchise and Far Cry are overrated... you're entitled to your oppinion, but IMO you're... well nevermind!!!

Dude No hard feelings as i said,my post was my opinion only.And i take other peoples ops too,so no flames needed XD.

I didn't flame you, just very subtly expressed a desire to do so... not angrily, just out of sheer shock that you don't appreciate the value of 1 of the most influential fps franchises of all times!!!

i think

Overated

Halo
WoW
Diablo series
Gears of war

Underated

Old games like mario kart and zelda =-P
killzone
doom

I don't have a list but F.E.A.R. seemed overrated to me. The game was okay but nothing special. As a FPS so many others seemed better to me.

Overrated:

Halo
WoW
Gears of War ( I hate Gears of War )

and All EA Games...

Underrated

Valve Games & Ubisoft games, they are the best I've ever played but so many people think that CS is too hard or that Prince of Persia is lame.

Overrated:
Halo: got it recently, while it is a decent game, i dont understand the hype around halo 3
WoW: the game that ruins lives, and you have to pay aswell
fifa: the past 4 or so games are just awful, they have become "just for the money" type games now

@Mailpup:Have u tryed F.E.A.R. with headphones?Have u played it till the end?
I did and i had been frozen cold from fear while doing it. The Game is so creepy and scary!BTW nobody said it was overrated.It was described as a slightly original shooter,not to mention the whole stealing-of-japanese-bad-girls-spirits-that-kill-for-vengeance thing.Everyone flamed them for stealing that segment(Aka the Ring movie).Why they haven't put a boy?I don't know but game scared me,a lot ,and many times.

OVERRATED:
Definately WoW
Halo I do have to agree with
I think the whole WII console is basically overrated, yeah boxing is fun but most games don't really even utilize the motion controllers
Grand Theft Auto Yeah I said it

UNDERRATED:
ZOE
Devil May Cry I and III (NOT II)
FFIX
Gauntlet the original

Sorry to hijack, but in case peeps haven't heard:

IGN.com named Bioshock 1st person shooter of the year, PC game of the year and awarded it for best story!!!

For the Starcraft comments above. I don't think its overrated or underrated, I think its reputation is deserved. The C&C guys may not like it just because they are 'similar' type games. I have all the C&Cs (bought a few months ago at wal mart) and C&C3 is the only one that even compares (for me) to Starcraft for how fun it is.

I played the demos for Bioshock, Crysis, and CoD4 and Crysis was much more fun to play. Bioshock seemed to have potential, and CoD4 just had an 'off' feeling to me, like something wasn't quite right. I ended up getting the full game of Crysis and beat it, and the full of CoD4 - haven't played it much. Crysis was great until the zero g level, that level and every subsequent level really dropped the ball, the earlier levels were much more fun.

To get back to the original topic. I never saw the fun in the Halo games.

Kserijaro, I played F.E.A.R. to the end but did not use headphones, just speakers. There was a creepy factor, that's true, but after it was over I didn't feel Wowed, so to speak. Most games I will replay to do better or to find things I overlooked the first time through or to go about it differently but this was the only highly rated game in which I didn't have the desire to do so. Don't get me wrong. It's not a bad game but just not that great to me, that's all.

IGN.com named Bioshock 1st person shooter of the year, PC game of the year and awarded it for best story!!!

Thats good as, i swear that game needs to be named game of the year not just FPS game of the year, i loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back