Motherboard, CPU, GPU Temps Too High?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin997

Hi

I have an ASUS M2N SLI deluxe Motherboard, an AMD 6400 Black edition and an Nvidia 8800GS graphics card and am concerned about the running temperatures.

Firstly the Motherboard's temp is often around 70 degrees or more, when simply broswing the web for half an hour. When i play games the motherboard's temp usually rises to about 75 degrees. The CPU is usually at 43 degrees when not gaming but when gaming it usually rises to above 50 degrees. I also noticed my graphics card reaches nearly 60 degrees when gaming.

Are these temperatures of any major concern- and if so what can i do to cool my components better???

thanks in advance!

Those temps seem acceptable to me, but when you say 70° or more... what is 'more'?
Cooler is always better, the cooler it runs, the more efficient it runs. You can just add more fans, but one thing which is always overlooked (not directed to you) is failing to blow off any dust build up on the internal components of your PC. If you haven't done so, that alone will make a drastic improvement.

hi- by 70 degrees or more i mean 70- 75 degrees.

you are right about dust adding to temperature, i try to clean out my computer once a month or so.

hi Robin,
your graphic card and cpu temps are fine, when you say MB temp...is that your NB? if so that is awfully hot.

Yea, 70c NB is rather high, in most of my systems NB temp doest reach much above 55c.

Now i notice you have a BE cpu, do you have it overclocked? Either way ocd or not the bundled hs and fan is horrid, i run a cheap ultra xwind with OCZ freeze, ocd currently @ 3.1GHz and i dont see much over 56c under full load, running games like Crysis. Idle around 36c

now my 9600GSO, is a different story, the stock fan ran it at 50c idle, then i yanked it off threw some freeze on there and put it back on and it dropped me down 4-5c.

I used to swear by arctic silver, now its OCZ freeze for me, i have it on my GPU, CPU, and Chipset.

Its good stuff.

So i guess what im saying is, if youre worried about temps, add fans, better heat paste and get rid of the stock cpu cooler assuming youre running it.

Hi GameJunkie,
Robin is the one with the temp concerns(you mentioned BE so i assume you were talking about me) and you are right about the HSF that comes with both my Phenom II x3 720, and your 7750 BE...rubbish!. BTW, my x3 720 replaced a 7750 BE. i was able to get 3.4Ghz out of my 7750 BE with with a 17.0 multi @ 1.39V (in case you are looking to push it a little higher) :) running an OCZ Vendetta @ 18c idle 28C load .

I might push it a little more, im going to order another matching 4gb of ram just cause, then ill mess with ocing across the entire system alot more.

I was referring to Robin though, he mentioned 6400 BE.

And you have a 790 chip unlock that 4th core on the phenom!!

The 7750 and your Phenom are 4 core, just with in my case two cores disabled, in yours only one.

Advanced clock calibration settings in your bios should allow you to unlock your 4th core.

In vista my 7750 is recognized as a Phenom 7750 in PC Wizard, with 4 cores and 4x the L1 L2 cache.

just two cores report no activity.

And i lied, i didnt notice yours is a Phenom II. Fail. but it might still be the same not too sure.

haha, and check what i posted about 7100, i was amazed.

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic131504.html#post776348

opps, my bad Gamejumkie, :eek: i didn't see the BE 6400 reference , and yes Im going to mess with the 4th core on my x3 720, but im not expecting much. most of what i have read is that they are indeed damaged, and drag down the performance/overclock of the stable cores....but it is the kind of tweaking i like:). Everest home edition showed the same thing with my 7750 Be as a phenom with 4 cores as well, i activated them as well.... not-so-good LOL.

My 720 chip wont allow me to even try, but if i could i would, just to tinker.

I just threw the multplier up to 17 with 1.35v got it to post but 7 wont boot anything past 3.1Ghz.

mehh ill mess with it later on. its 3:30 am here and im pretty beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back