Motherboard probably fried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys i need some help... last night my computer was running fine until i tried to plug in a usb flash drive and thats when it froze. i shut down the computer then tried to boot up again and nothing happens. the fan on the mobo spins and all the LED's turn on but i dont get any signal on my monitor.

my guess is that the motherboard got fried i know its not the PSU because i tried switching it and it does the same thing. anybody got any good ideas or anything i should try before i just give up =(

its an HP pavilion a282n
Motherboard Specifications, P4SD-LA (Stingray) i cant find a replacement anywhere! anybody that know of any that might work?
PLEASE ANYBODY THAT COULD HELP!?!?!?!?!?!?

Your best bet would be to try clearing the CMOS using the jumper on the mobo or by removing the battery for 20 secs. If you can get into BIOS after to reconfigure all the settings and the computer starts up normally you should be all set. If not, you may have fried something on the board and it may need to replace it. Let us know if clearing the CMOS did the trick.

I tried clearing the CMOS and still nothing.... Removing the battery didn't help either .... I'm almost certain that its the motherboard that's fried now because it doesn't even beep when I boot it up without memory .... :[
oh and I noticed theirs some sort of residue on the copasitors or idk what their called but they look like little batteries on the motherboard I believe its some sort of acid that's coming out of them what type of problems could that have caused??

Yes they are Capacitors

And this means your Motherboard is shot (dead :dead: )

You need to purchase a new Motherboard :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back