Mouse with a really fast computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickc

I will not get to technical, but the problem is when I surf the net and scroll on this computer the pic or page jumps up it is not smoth. This is a Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0A. I have the same mouse on a slower computer with the same driver and it scrolls smoth. I even tried changing the mice and it made it worse on my computer. Is there any answere for this? How do I get it to scroll smoth?

:( :eek: :eek:

When you launch your Microsoft Mouse utility (which should have been installed when you installed your mouse driver - I assume it's MS, but you didn't state that clearly) you should have a Scrolling tab. Set your vertical scrolling as slow as it goes and you might even want to disable accelerated scrolling.

Yes, this is a Microsft mouse, I am up with you on all of this already, and no work. Any other sugestions?

Under Control Panel->Mouse->I have no-->Wheel<--option. as I did with an older mouse I had on another computer.

When you use the new intellipoint drivers you don't have that tab - just the scrolling tab I was talking about.

Yes, and it only has a slide which I have to the slowest point, with enable accelerated scrolling unchecked, which I unchecked myself.

Isn't there a registry option for smooth scrolling?

www.regedit.com

Check it out and see if you can find anything. If you do, let us know if it works or not.

well it is fixed did a couple of things at the same time so I do not know exactly what it was. I did replace the mouse batteries and updated my monator driver. scrolling is smooth now.

Thanks to all

Good to hear you got it working. Thanks for posting back with a reply on how it was fixed.
Hope to see you stick around :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back