Mozilla releases Firefox 4 Beta 11

Emil

Staff

Mozilla has released Firefox 4 Beta 11. The new beta build comes less than two weeks after the Beta 10 release, and as far as we can see this is mainly just a bug fix release. For more information, check out the release notes.

If you're already running a previous beta of Firefox 4 you should see an automatic update soon. Alternatively, you can download Beta 11 directly for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux 32-bit/64-bit. The beta supports 76 languages.

Mozilla was originally planning on having Firefox 4 out by the end of last year, but it has had to delay the release multiple times. There's still a Beta 12 in the works before we see the release candidate and final builds arrive.

Mozilla has been struggling to get Firefox 4.0 out the door. As a result, the company has announced that in 2011, not only will we see Firefox 4.0, but we will also see Firefox 5.0, Firefox 6.0, and Firefox 7.0.

Permalink to story.

The beta is far from rock solid. There's still a lot of Flash issues that need to be addressed, which don't exist in Firefox 3.6. With any luck, this update will sort those issues out.

My main concern was the copy/paste bug I and several other people were receiving. They seemed to have fixed it in this update. It was an important bug for me that kept me from using it at work. Kudos to Techspot for having it to download so quickly. ;)

I've been using the beta since the early stages and it is now pretty much rock solid (i've found a few flash bugs, http://configurator.audi.co.uk/?.html being a biggy) but appart from that lots of my addons now work with it beautifully and the graphical tab movements and stuff have been very well smoothed out. Although I don't know if it is using graphics card accelloration still or not?

Probably just a minor bug fix or stability update. Feels like one anyway. I've been using the Firefox 4 beta as a secondary browser for a while and have experienced no problems so far with my favorite sites.

I've noticed on the botton left that there is a status loading just like in chrome.
Also preview beta 12 also shows link there when you select one.
I like the top version way better since its less distracting..

They should stop all this beta stuff they all come with different bugs i already switched to safari and its way better...

How do you uninstall this? It won't do on the add/remove programs also on the helper.exe

Back