MSI Eclipse SLI (7520) will not post with more than one dimm installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudezer88

Hi everyone, I've been helping a friend build his computer but we can't get it to post with more than one dimm of ram installed. When I got it to post I made sure to set the voltage to 1.65 for dram which is what the ocz gold ddr3 1333 calls for. I also set the timings to what they should be. We even updated the bios to the latest version but had no change.

If we have more than one dimm installed the system will power up but shows nothing on the monitor and eventually powers off and restarts. I'm wondering if the ram is bad, but would that not allow the system to post at all? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Specs:
MSI Eclipse SLI 7520
OCZ Gold DDR3 1333 triple channel kit (9,9,9 Timings)
ASUS Geforce 9800gt
Intel core i7 2.93 Quad

Can we assume that you have swapped modules in testing the single memory slot. If so, the motherboard may be defective

We got it working, I had the ram speed at the wrong level, had it at 1066 instead of 1333. Thanks for the help T.

All right I spoke too soon, now his system is only seeing 4gb of ram. He should have 6gb (3 2gb dimms). Vista only shows 4gb and it is Vista 64bit Home Premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back