MSI GS70 Gaming laptop Webcam not working

Obzoleet

Greetings!

I have an MSI GS70 laptop here , its about 1 month old and the webcam has stopped working,

It has worked earlier, Nothing happens when I try to start it and when I try to find it in the device manager it is not there.

Any idea what I can try?

Thanks! :)

Ok I have an MSI GT70, did you try activating it via the toolbar at the top of the screen that comes on MSI laptops. It looks like a tiny paperclip at the top of the screen in the center, there should be once you open that toolbar up an option to activate the webcam.

Update:

I can find it in the device manager as " USB 2,0 Webcam Device "

but I cannot start it with the webcam shortcut or webcam key :(

Ok I have an MSI GT70, did you try activating it via the toolbar at the top of the screen that comes on MSI laptops. It looks like a tiny paperclip at the top of the screen in the center, there should be once you open that toolbar up an option to activate the webcam.

Awsome, just the person I needed to have an GS70 :D

Um, im not very savy in Windows 8, is this on the start app screen or on the desktop?

In the device manage it says that its not working due to not being connected, code 45.

I uninstalled the drivers since I was going to try to reinstall them however the webcam does not pop up in the device manager anymore, neither can I find the drivers on MSI,s official website... :(

Desktop, mine has 7, there should be something top center on the desktop. The webcam is handled by windows drivers, when you activate it, it will auto install.

Desktop, mine has 7, there should be something top center on the desktop. The webcam is handled by windows drivers, when you activate it, it will auto install.

I see,
hm, is it posssible you can take a screenshot of the paperclip in the top center of the desktop? I cannot find it :(

Heres a picture of my laptop, I circled what im talking about.

http://gyazo.com/2ddf55b749e812ad4656108931c72175

If you highlight it, you bring up this menu here

http://gyazo.com/4047af5b7e28789db985a401330cbe92

Now try clicking this symbol, it turns the webcam off and on, when turning it on, it will auto install.

http://gyazo.com/b9f56f48fd98db4259e3724c0d5554b6

Excuse the poor quality of images, I did this quickly in paint.

I see, but I don't have that menu :O

Perhaps its different on Windows 8?

I don't believe I have the latest Bios update that was released the 24/9 either,

Could it be because of that?

Its just very frustrating since I don't see why any of the above would cause the device manager to claim that the webcam isn't connected properly :(

If its broken I presume I will have to send it back to the store?

Hey, I have the same notebook, what you need to do is open SCM and turn the webcam on from there (SCM is the System Control Manager)

I have tried that but when I go into camera it says "To get started connect a camera"

Hey, pal! I have the same exact laptop, MSI GS70, has been going alright for a year until it had some monitor issue, so I sent it abroad for maintenance.

Only problem is when it came back it says the camera's not connected. I uninstalled the drivers due to an advice that it'd automatically reinstall, but no luck.
So, have you found any solution for this? Or what did you do? I've been desperately looking for solutions.

What I did for my MSI GL62M is I went to the device manager and uninstalled the trident driver for my camera which was under the sound and video controller. then when I restarted, it's working properly

Hey, pal! I have the same exact laptop, MSI GS70, has been going alright for a year until it had some monitor issue, so I sent it abroad for maintenance.

Only problem is when it came back it says the camera's not connected. I uninstalled the drivers due to an advice that it'd automatically reinstall, but no luck.
So, have you found any solution for this? Or what did you do? I've been desperately looking for solutions.

Go to Device Manager and click the camera and find the drivers for it automatically

Back