Multi-OS wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.

whtddusy516

In a previous thread I asked about wifi on a Mac, now its with a Linux machine. Does anyone know a Wifi device (USB or PCI) that would work with MS, OS X, and Linux? If not all of them at least two, Because it seems like im getting no where with my DWL-G132 (besides XP).

Thanks, AJ

The WiFi card included in most Intel Centrino packages is pretty well supported under Windows & Linux. I have no idea for Mac OSX though.

I'd say anything that works under Mac OS will work in Linux too. Not to mention that you can use ndiswrapper to make Linux work with Windows drivers.

hmm lol...well even if that is old, the Atheros chipset in a G132 is fairly new, and i have not found anything on people using them with linux, or if i have theyre old topics and no one responded to them

ahh good news, i went back to ndiswrappers site and went to the hardware wiki site, and found that the DWL-G132 [both revisions] are capable with linux.

Now would anyone be able to tell me how exactly im goign to get this to work? or could you point me in the direction of where someone could help?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back