Multiple BSODs and Error messages, no idea where to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

KungFuMan

I am a novice at computer problems at best. I have searched the internet for days, including these forums, but I might just be too ignorant to know what to look for.
My system crashes randomly, even when no one is on it, and its not doing anything. I have received multiple STOP Errors from the BSOD, including, but not limited to:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

CRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

and have had many "files" quoted to me as the sources of the errors, including:

win32k.sys
nv4_disp.dll
kmixer.sys
portcls.sys
usbuhci.sys

and a few more, I think..

The main one I get most often is the nv4_disp.dll, and second after that would be win32k.sys lately. I tried to update the drivers from the nVidia website, but I am not sure I did that correctly, as I have read about uninstalling the old drivers first, which I did not do because of ANOTHER (probably separate) issue I am having. I was uninstalling some programs, through the control panel>add or remove programs, and I don't remember what the last thing I uninstalled was (I think it was yahoo something or another), but all my programs disappeared from my "Add or Remove Programs" list, and a bunch of new ones appeared, that apparently are related to some Kodak programs my wife installed. Also, the buttons to remove/change programs in the list are gone.

It seems to crash pretty randomly, although it did crash consistently every time I tried to run World of Warcraft, which I can no longer run because the game tells me it "Cannot Validate Game Version". (If anyone has a clue how to fix that, that would be awesome as well. I looked in their forums and did all they told me to, and none helped)

Well, anything else I can provide to help, please let me know, and hopefully I can figure out how to get you what you need. All help is GREATLY appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
James

First welcome and secondly I suggest deleting your other post.

I am wondering if you might be infected. What security software are you using, i.e., antivirus, anti-malware, and firewall? Are you behind a router? I am only guessing at this point about infection...

Okay this is what we need you to do to make sure what is causing your issues: Attach your minidump to your next post. If you have more than one give them to us.

How to find your minidumps:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files. It is these files that we need you to attach to your next posting, NOT the whole folder.

Below your reply screen is the Additional Options screen. Notice the Manage Attachment button.

Sorry, I tried to post and it told me I wasn't logged in, but I didn't know it posted it when I logged in.
I will delete this thread, but I don't know how...

Thank you for the patience, sorry again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back