Multiple iexplorer.exe processes in task manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello:

I recently noticed that when I launch IE, I see 2 processes running in the task manager. I never had this problem earlier or might have missed it entirely. I have followed the 8-step preliminary removal instructions. I scanned my system with AVG, Malwarebytes, and SuperAntiSpyware and nothing showed up. The problem is still there. I am attaching the report/log files in this thread.

Actually before I went through all these steps, I did scan my system with a software named A-squared Free - Version 4.5. It had found some infections and it healed them. I have attached the log files for it too. But removal of those threats didn't solve the IE issue. So I went through the preliminary steps listed on this site.

I will really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.
Sumeer

No problem to be worried about. I haven't gone through your logs, but I have noticed you're running IE 8 which actually shows up as 2 processes under the task manager, it's normal.

Oh.. Thanks for letting me know that.. It was unusual to see 2 processes running at the same time and I was concerned that there might be a threat. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back