Mushkin shows its new Ridgeback RAM, Calypso SSDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Mushkin showed off a few products at CeBIT, including a new line of memory modules and a solid-state drive series. The RAM, called Ridgeback, features a redesigned heatsink with ridges along its back (go figure), and will be aimed at enthusiasts. It will ship in various configurations, including three DDR3 kits targeting both Intel's LGA1156 and LGA1366 platforms, and one set of DDR2 memory. No word on pricing or availability.

Ridgeback Memory Configurations
Memory Speed Timings Voltage
4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz 6-8-6-24 1.65V
6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz 6-8-6-24 1.65V
6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz 8-8-8-24 1.65V
4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 1066MHz 5-5-5-15 2.1V

The company is also working on a Sandforce-based SSD series called Calypso. The drives will use the SF-1200 controller and come in 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB capacities, with peak speeds around 260MB/s and max IOPS of about 10,000 with 4k blocks. Mushkin says the Calypso drives should be cheaper than SSDs based on Indilinx controllers, and should launch sometime early next month. The company is also reportedly developing drives that use the quicker SF-1500 controller.

Permalink to story.

it cannot be compared with corsair or kingston as mushkin hasn't yet declared the prices! lets wait and watch for the prices!

It's about time they got into the DDR3 market, I'm hoping for some good numbers from them. I've been using Mushkin for quite some time with my old PCs, time to update!

I've bought numerous different brands of RAM and haven't had any fail on me at all. Currently i have 2GB worth of DDR2 OCZ Reapers which are a little outdated but still work very well for what i need them to do. I guess that's why brand loyalty among RAM manufacturers confuses me.

I have OCZ ram in both my computers, but that is simply because I found a good deal on it. I'm not too picky about the brand of ram i use, just look for which one of the major brands has the best sell on at the time :D. If we see more good compilation for the DDR3 market, to me that means better prices :D.

Is Mushkin a good company? Ive been looking for high performance ram for a while and these specs look pretty good.

Last 2 builds I've used Mushkin. They are an American company in Colorado. Suppport is great, so is the ram. If you get the right RAM, it overclocks like a mofo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back