Inactive My AVG detected a white-listed object that I can not remove

after the scan was completed by malwerbytes it asked to restart computer so i did. when it restarted the malwerbytes popped up as if i nvr scanned and i tried accessing firefox it tells me server not found i cant open internet at all .. im using a different computer now .... is what is happening normal or did i mess something up oh after i pressed show results it showed 11 threats and the notepad page showed but when i open it now it says it is missing i have no idea what is happening

you asked to restore to a previous time .... i can not do that because i dnt have a restore point .. iv always tried to do that before but my computer always said that something was corrupted ....omg i wana cry :(

Did you mark this thread Active? Tht is for Broni or I to do when we pick up a thread. You're going to have to tell me what you're referring to in your post:

Who asked you to restore to a previous time?
Why did you run Malwarebytes> What problem were you having?

firefox it tells me server not found i cant open internet at all

This message means the internet isn't connected and/or there is a server problem.

AVG detected what? What message are you getting? Is it blocking a site you can't get to?

If you want help, you're going to have to provide me with some information. You can also download the scans in the following to a flash drive, then connect to and run them on the problem computer:

If you would like us to check the system for malware, please follow these steps: Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal.

NOTE: If you already have any of the scanning programs on the computer, please remove them and download the versions in these links.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.
=================================
My Guidelines: please read and follow:
  • Be patient. Malware cleaning takes time and I am also working with other members while I am helping you.
  • Read my instructions carefully. If you don't understand or have a problem, ask me.
  • If you have questions, or if a program doesn't work, stop and tell me about it. Don't try to get around it yourself.
  • Follow the order of the tasks I give you. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
  • File sharing programs should be uninstalled or disabled during the cleaning process..
  • Observe these:
    [o] Don't use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you.
    [o] Don't use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.
    [o] Don't download and install new programs- except those I give you.
  • Please let me know if there is any change in the system.
If I don't get a reply from you in 5 days, the thread will be closed. If your problem persist, you can send a PM to reopen it.
=====================================

thank you so much for replying to this topic .. i recently had my AVG detect an infection that was white listed that i can not delete so i was surfing the web and i came across freshtags topic and it was the same thing as mine and i seen that broni was the one helping so i didnt know if i should just follow the same steps or should i ask if somthing goes wrong with me so this was my problem and i was really hopeing broni would help me

my avg is telling me i have a white-listed object that i can not remove. I was wondering if you can help me with that please. I was so happy to see that it worked out with freshtag and i was hopeing it will work with me! I'm new on here and i have no idea how to work techspot , so please take care of me thank you

so this is was it says after the scan on AVG

file : C:\Windows\System32\drivers\tdx.sys
infection: Trojan horse BackDoor.Generic14.CBJJ
result: object is white-listed (critical/system file that should not be removed)

so then i was given these instructions

Complete all steps from here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Then go here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/menu28.html click on "New topic" button and post all logs you created in previous step.

from the first link i was following the second step and it was to download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to my desktop and start the scan i did so and after it finished scanning it detected 11 threats and asked to restart computer.

After the computer started malwarebytes popped up as if it wants to scan all over and i try to access internet and it says server not found .. on the bottom of the screen it says local internet only .. and also the notepad that was saved when i open it it tells me its a missing file i feel like i messed everything up :(

i hope you understand everything i wrote and you can help me today! thank you very much !

So far, I have nothing to work with. While security scans do occasionally find a False Positive, I can tell you with certainty that this is malware: infection: Trojan horse BackDoor.Generic14.CBJJ

I don't know what the white listed message means. But unless you do the scans, I have nothing to work with.

If you ran Malwarebytes, please paste the log in your next reply, along with GMER and the 2 logs from DDS.

About this:
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to my desktop and start the scan i did so and after it finished scanning it detected 11 threats and asked to restart computer.
Some entries being removed require you to reboot the computer to complete the removal.

Look for for the Malwarebtes log:
[*] When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please attach this log with your reply
Note: on opening Notepad, click on Format> make sure Word Wrap is unchecked.
[o] If you accidentally close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:
[o] C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt[/list]

If you can't find the log, update and run Mbam again. Then follow with GMER and DDS.Leave all logs in next post.

Are you having any system problems?

I'll look for the log but how do i follow with GMER & DDS when my internet connectivity is Local Only? I can't connect to the internet. i even tried with the ethernet wire but it won't work. it all started when my computer rebooted after the scan.

Please use the Edit feature if you want to add a few words. I get email feedback for evvery post you make.

Us a flash drive to download the programs from a clean computer. Then connect it to the problem computer, install and run the productions.

Back