My CD Burner Doesn't complete a full burn!! mad dog 4 in 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a mad dog multimedia 4 in 1 cd burner/dvd drive. every time i try to burn a cd it seems to burn normally, but when i go to play the music that i burned on a cd player it doesnt work. i tried all my cd players in the house and they dont work. the only songs that do work are the first half. say i burn 15 songs only the first 7 or 8 song will work. i used nero realplayer and a whole bunch of others. they dont work. i have a intel celeron 466 mhz processor 256 mb ram and 125 watt power supply. can someone please help me thanks.

maddog makes glitchy products that always give the kind of trouble you are describing here. try burning at a slower speed, using different cd-r media. what burning software are you using? it is possible that your software uses real-time cpu processing for the audio as it is burned. in this case, you should try disabling "on the fly" functions and see if that fixes anything.

i do burn at the lowest speed, its 8x, the software is nero oem (the one that came with the cd burner) i tried hp media, memerox and imation cd's and they all give me the same results. also how can i tell if my software uses realtime cpu processing for the audio that is burned. also how can i disable "on the fly" functions. thanks for your help.

what OS do you have? when was the drive added with respect to the original construction of the computer?

i have windows 98 second edition, the computer is about 5 years old, and i bought the cd burner about a year ago. i had the drive in the computer for about a year now, thanks.

Thanks IronDuke for that software, it really works perfectly fine, and thanks zephead for your patience with me. i really appreciate you guys both for helping me. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back