My computer is restarting when I play Guild Wars 2

Marco Contreras

I barley get 10 minutes into the game and the computer restarts for no reason. I figured it was because my CPU was overheating but I used speccy to check and my gpu and hardrive only run at about 50 Celsius. I also thought it was my Graphics card because it was getting to 70-85 Celsius but that's normal for graphic cards. I thought maby it could be my graphics card because it's 400 watt even though my graphics card is 350 and its shutting itself down because it cant handle it? Here are my current specs:
Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 @ 2.66GHz
Yorkfield 45nm Technology
RAM
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (5-5-5-18)
Motherboard
Intel Corporation DG45ID (LGA775)
Graphics
SMB2330 (1920x1080@60Hz)
ASUS VH236H (1920x1080@60Hz)
1023MB GeForce GTX 560 Ti (MSI)
Hard Drives
466GB Seagate ST3500620AS ATA Device (SATA)
Optical Drives
Optiarc DVD RW AD-7240S ATA Device
Audio
High Definition Audio Device

It would be wise to upgrade your power supply to 650 Watts or so. What is the make and model of your power supply?

It would be wise to upgrade your power supply to 650 Watts or so. What is the make and model of your power supply?

It's a 400w Power supply. I'm not sure what make and model. I Really don't think its the cpu or graphics card because the CPU is around 65-70 and the card doesn't go past 80 when the computer gets shut down. It's pretty logical that the problem is the power supply right? If the Computer needs more watts and the supply can't supply then it would just shut down is what I'm thinking.

The restarting could be caused by a weak power supply. 400 watts is low especially if it is more than a year old. I have a quality 650 Watt power supply running my tower for almost 4 years now. Your temps are okay...

The restarting could be caused by a weak power supply. 400 watts is low especially if it is more than a year old. I have a quality 650 Watt power supply running my tower for almost 4 years now. Your temps are okay...
Okay, So that's most likely my problem? Ive been using it allot and it only shuts down when using guild wars 2. My friend said it could me the motherboard but I highly doubt it. since it only shuts down when playing guild wars two. I'll just purchase a good 500+ watt supply.

Okay, Thanks allot, You've helped me greatly. I have a place that I take my PC too but I feel like they BS me and repair things that don't need to repair. I hope this works and thanks again.

Back