My Dell Inspiron 14r 3437 shutdown automatically every after 30-40 min

I am going through a very serious problem, my laptop automatically shutdown every after 30-40 min. I thought it was a software problem, I was using window 10 single language, so I change my OS to Windows 7 ultimate service pack 1. But even after this my problem does not solve. I use my laptop for learning SolidWorks and for other daily stuff. Is it because I was using SolidWorks on 4 gb ram.

When I contact dell support they told me that it might because of two reason either software or hardware. I know there is nothing wrong with software, so what could be the possible reason for shutting down my laptop.

Please note this problem of auto shutdown persist even when I use my laptop just for reading pdf book or during surfing.

Here I have attached the system temperature.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 4
Basic things to check:
  1. Check BIOS for any timer set.
  2. Remove CMOS battery and connect it back. [If under warranty, do not proceed manually, contact support for RMA]
  3. Reset BIOS
There are only few places to check for s/w issue:
  1. Check Task Scheduler for any task set to shutdown the device.
  2. Check for viruses
  3. Check if the latest version drivers are installed from Manufacturer for the correct model and architecture and not from Windows Update.
  4. Check for any other ROM type software inside a chip or controller. [If under warranty, do not proceed manually, contact support for RMA]
There are more possibilities that it might be due to hardware:
  1. The chipset causing this issue and needs replacement. [If under warranty, do not proceed manually, contact support for RMA]
  2. The motherboard/main board doesn't support the processor[not applicable mostly on laptop] or needs to be replaced. [If under warranty, do not proceed manually, contact support for RMA]
  3. The CMOS battery needs to be replaced or to be removed and placed back. [If under warranty, do not proceed manually, contact support for RMA]
Related Links:
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19282191
Check Dell Forums for more related answers.

Last edited:
Alright I will perform these basic things first and then I will write you. My laptop is out of warranty, it would be more helpful if you tell me how to know "task Scheduler for any task set to shutdown the device" and how to "Check for any other ROM type software inside a chip or controller".

Thank you very much.

Wondering about temperatures still. If the screenshot was shortly after startup, I can understand why min is so close to max. Can you run an intensive game for 5-10 minutes and then capture temperature screenshot?

Back