My first gaming PC i3-2120, HD 6850

Case: NZXT Black Tempest 210 Mid-Tower Gaming Case

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-2120 3.30 GHz 3M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155

Cooling Fan: Intel LGA1156 Certified CPU Fan & Heatsink

Motherboard: Biostar H61MH Intel H61 Chipset DDR3 mATX Mainboard w/ Onboard Video, HDMI, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB 2.0, SATA-II, 1 Gen2 PCIe, 1 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI [B3 Stepping]

Memory: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1333MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

Power Supply: 450 Watts - Standard Case Power Supply

Hard Drive: 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)

Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

Network: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

Keyboard: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard

Mouse: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse

PRICE: 507

What should I change?

I am almost positive you can find a better deal if you wait, but if that is what you are going with that you defiantly want a better PSU. But not a diablotek, those are garbage. (see post before yours)

I am almost positive you can find a better deal if you wait, but if that is what you are going with that you defiantly want a better PSU. But not a diablotek, those are garbage. (see post before yours)

What do you mean a better deal and how long should I wait?

Rather you buy now or later its always smart to purchase everything at once. Buying a quality psu is important for sure. I also support the suggestion of the 6870.

I changed the power supply but now I'm interested in knowing what kind of performance I will get with Battlefield 3 and Skyrim?

With a 6870 you should be able to play BF3 on high and Skyrim on Ultra (but you might need to turn down the AA). Depends what resolution your screen is though.

Back