My flash disk won't open anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
help please! my new kingmax flashdisk won't open anymore after being inserted at a certain school computer by accident, my flashidisk was working fine and suddenly after being inserted it won't open anymore even if i switch to another computer. this is the fifth time my usb has been destroyed in less than a year. any help will be appreciated. thanks.

Thread moved from Introduce yourself to Other Hardware forum

HP USB Disk Storage Format Utility
Http://downloads.pcworld.com/pub/new/utilities/peripherals/SP27608.exe

Will format any USB flash drive
It can be known to recover Flash drives that are un-responsive too.

If that doesn't work try this one:

Hard Disk Low Level Format Tool

Please note: These methods will remove all data on your Flash Drive

Recovery Software (if you want to try to recover anything from the drive)

Try this one: http://www.z-a-recovery.com/unformat-tutorial.htm
It is free for up to four folder down, ie
E:\Documents and Setting\UserName\My Documents\My Pictures
1,2,3,4 folders down

A lot free ones to choose from, h e r e

Please let me know of the outcome

Sounds like a corrupt file system

I found a free data recovery software called 'PC Inspector File Recovery' from
datarecoveryadvice.org the site has general tips on data recovery hope this helps.

Hi Greco8523, thanks for your input
I had a look at the site and it does seem good

I wonder if you could ceate your own thread, say here: Storage & Networking or even in Misc. Software & Utilities forum. You will then be able to discuss your site in much detail

This thread is really about member ladymacabre and resolving the flash drive issue

ladymacabre, can you please update this thread, if the information I gave you helped you. I would be interested to know if you are now happy USB user :) Or not :(

I don't why I've never read that

But I would like to add the above utilities to that closed thread, with your wishes
The above utilities do not require a Windows 98 format disk or anything, and it has helped many user recover their flash drive (although formatted) but at least working again.

edit:
Oh I noticed you have now gone offline
Well I could just continue posting the above utilities I suppose, as no response if you wanted it added or not (obviously not)

hello i tried using the HP USB Disk Storage Format Utility and a message showing no connected storage usb device appears i'll try the other software you and the other users recommended. thank you so much for the help anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back