My Florida Gator Custom PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorMan

Hi all! I am brand new to custom computer building aka modding whatever you want to call it. I am from Florida and a big Florida Gators football fan. So I decided to custom build my own system and design my case with that motif. I did the paint job myself and logo placement. This is my first case so go easy! :)

Thanks and Go Gators!

My System Specs (#1) Gator
Processor Intel 2.4
Motherboard ASUS P4S533
Memory 512 DDR 2700
Cooling 1 cyber cooler motherboard system blower, 1 rear antec case fan, intel heatsink fan, 1 HD cooler Fan
Videocard ATI 7500 Radeon 64 MB
Soundcard/Speakers Creative Labs 2.1 Integrated C-Media SoundCard 5.1
Hard Disk(s) 30 GIG Quantum Fireball
Other Drives Floppy, CD-RW, CD-ROM
Case Generic Zip Case Custom Painted and Custom Logo Job and Custom Built by Myself

Attachments

• computer shots 003(a)(1).jpg
    computer shots 003(a)(1).jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 113
Nice work is that a paint job btw?

I guess you either study at University of Florida or live in Gainesville, that's where I'm planning to transfer my studies by next year, if you happen to know anyone in the computer engineering department perhaps you can talk to them about TS ;).

Why not post that in the Picture of your Case thread?

Welcome to Techspot btw

LNCPapa

Hi TS | Julio,

Thank you for the compliment. To answer your questions. I did graduate from the University of Florida in '00. I still live and work in Florida. Thats great that you are thinking about transferring. It is a great school and good weather down here! :)

I dont know anyone personally in the computer enginnering dept, I was in the Information Sciences Dept in Business. I wish you good luck though.

To answer your second question, Yes the case is a paint job. It took me a full day for the painting. First I sanded off the old paint off both side panels. Then I applied a primer. Then I alternated 3 coats for each color on both side panels. I used a piece of posterboard to get the fine line to seperate the colors without them mixing into each other. After 2 days drying. I bought and affixed the logos to both sides of the case. Same pattern on both sides. I have attached a photo of the inside of the case. Its quite windy inside. 35 C CPU/ 32 C MB

The system blower mounted on the MB does a good job of cooling the MB and video card as well as central circulation. I have a rear antec case fan pulling warm air away from the intel heatsink fan, I also have another case fan hidden below the drives driving warm air towards the rear vents. System specs are below. Thanks for the warm welcome, techspot is a pretty cool community and informative website.

-GatorMan

--------------------------------------------------------

My System Specs (#1) Gator
Processor Intel 2.4
Motherboard ASUS P4S533
Memory 512 DDR 2700
Cooling 1 cyber cooler motherboard system blower, 1 rear antec case fan, intel heatsink fan, 1 HD cooler Fan
Videocard ATI 7500 Radeon 64 MB
Soundcard/Speakers Creative Labs 2.1 Integrated C-Media SoundCard 5.1
Hard Disk(s) 30 GIG Quantum Fireball
Other Drives Floppy, CD-RW, CD-ROM
Case Generic Zip Case Custom Painted and Custom Logo Job and Custom Built by Myself

Attachments

• inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 43
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back