My hard drive is gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I upgraded my computer to XP. I saved all my data files and got everything transfered over to the new system, reinstalled all my programs and everything was working great. This morning I turned on my computer and and it started beeping. Nothing happened. I didn't know what else to do so I unscrewed and removed the side panel and looked inside, not really sure what I was looking for. Well, my hard drive seems to be missing. The cables that connected to it are just hanging there. I have looked all around the area where my computer sits but to no avail. How could this happen? I got on my laptop and searched the Microsoft website for any known issues concerning missing hard drives but found nothing. Has anybody else had this problem? Please, any ideas would be appreciated.

I am sure there is no software out there that causes harddrives to vanish from PC's
somebody got into your pc and has taken your HDD out
or you don't know what you are looking at and it is still in your machine
maybe someone is playing a joke on you.
Good Luck :suspiciou

AllLitUp said:
I got on my laptop and searched the Microsoft website for any known issues concerning missing hard drives but found nothing.

Fortunately for everyone, I don't think this is Microsoft's fault. ;)

If the drive is physically missing, someone took it out. If you aren't very familiar with computers, is it also possible you may not really know what you are looking for when you are looking for a hard drive? Perhaps the hard drive is there, but you have mistaken it for another component inside of your PC.

Beeping sounds indicate a hardware problem which is not Windows related, usually related to failing, incompatible or missing components.

Do you get video at all? Does your computer show anything on the monitor?

AllLitUp said:
Yesterday I upgraded my computer to XP. I saved all my data files and got everything transfered over to the new system, reinstalled all my programs and everything was working great. This morning I turned on my computer and and it started beeping. Nothing happened. I didn't know what else to do so I unscrewed and removed the side panel and looked inside, not really sure what I was looking for. Well, my hard drive seems to be missing. The cables that connected to it are just hanging there. I have looked all around the area where my computer sits but to no avail. How could this happen? I got on my laptop and searched the Microsoft website for any known issues concerning missing hard drives but found nothing. Has anybody else had this problem? Please, any ideas would be appreciated.
The way you explained it ,It tells me you have a theif that stole your drive since you see wires hanging there,If some one had taken it I dont think you will find a link no wheres how to replace it :haha:

Re: My Hard Drive is Gone

Well it seems that Paul was right. Because whoever took my hard drive came back last night for the rest of my computer!!! I woke up this morning and it was gone. The b-----ds!! I think I'll save the thief some time and just put all my software outside in the yard. That'll show em!!

AllLitUp said:
Well it seems that Paul was right. Because whoever took my hard drive came back last night for the rest of my computer!!! I woke up this morning and it was gone. The b-----ds!! I think I'll save the thief some time and just put all my software outside in the yard. That'll show em!!
Sorry that you got ripped off,A good idea is to visit some shops ask if they have any old cases they just want to throw out 2 will do,Fill it up with some scrap wood and place it closer to where that stealer is,maybe he will come back for more goodies and you can catch him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back