My Internet won't load any pages!

I have an HP Pavilion g4, Windows 7. I downloaded AVG anit-virus yesterday and ran scans and all that, and everything was fine, But afterwards, my internet won't load. I have tried FireFox and Internet Explorer. I deleted FireFox in hope that I could reinstall it, but I can't find the download because my internet explorer won't load even Google. It was off and on yesterday with working, but today since I've been on it four hours ago, I have only gotten Google to load once, and then just the main page and it wouldn't load any search pages. I have tried to go through Internet Options, and I clicked reset but then it freezes when it says it is "Applying Default Settings." Please help! That is my only computer and I need it to work!

Did you delete items that AVG found during the scan? If so, you can try to restore them from the quarantine, if they are there.

The straight approach is to uninstall AVG and do a system restore.

To proceed from where you are now, or if you still have the problem after the above steps, launch network troubleshooting by right-clicking on the network icon in the notification area of the Windows 7 desktop and selecting Troubleshoot problems. Windows Network Diagnostics will launch and attempt to detect and correct what’s wrong.

After you uninstall AVG, do a system search for it & get rid of everything. Reboot & click on whatever browser you're using & click File on top left of the browser to see if Work Offline is checked. If so,UN check it & see if you can get back online.

Have you also run network troubleshooting? You don't lose anything to try that at this stage.

Back