Systen specs:
compaq presario v5101us
win XP
Processor 3300+
2.0GHZ 128KB L2 cache
1600MHz
512Mb system memory
60GB hard drive

ok, when I power on the laptop, the startup doesnt even take a minute, but now 5 minutes to get to the login window, and when I watch a video or open a program it lags, so does this just require cleanup? tweaking tips?

I have deleted the other one for you.

I think the first thing you should do is check for viruses/spyware etc.

This thread is written by our resident virus/spyware guru. It is detailed and will completely clean your system if you follow the steps exactly:
https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

I have also moved your thread into the "security and the web" forum. If virus/spyware turns out to not be your problem, I'll move it again into the appropriate forum.

no, its not really spywares, i did the stuffs, and also I tried to tweak it, it boot up faster but it still has some quite slow respondency. one of the ways i check it is I watch a video and check if it runs throughly or laggy.

is system restore advisable?

Your HJT log is clean. However, you have not renamed HijackThis.exe as per the instructions in this thread HERE. Please do so and post a fresh HJT log. It also appears you`re not running any antivirus or firewall software. Please install and run the said software as per the instructions in the above link.

Regards Howard :)

hmm I tried all of it.. the laptop runs good but you have to wait for it to be stable, in other words, it still lags.

I don't really think its an infection, and system idle process is the 90+ above cpu usage and the rest is either 0 or below 5. booting and loading are the pain.

never mind i fixed the problem, the problem was hardware corruption, i just reinstalled the driver found in device manager and that's it.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I`m glad you`ve fixed your problem. Your HJT log is clean, just run the Ccleaner programme as per the instructions in this thread HERE.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Uber-dude only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Its alright, Thank you for the help, I have no problems with spyware/virus, its clean and I can handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back