Heres my new video card

Click to Maximize

Here are the empty slots on my pc

Click to Maximize

the new one doesnt seem to fit so i guess i need one with pci slot
I hope you guys can help me figure out what kind of slot they are

Edit I know my pics are HUGE!!!
sorry about that

The three white ones are PCI slots (you can tell because of the color, and if you look at the top right corners, it says PCI1, PCI2, PCI3) The black one is the PCI-E slot (once again, color and the label above it)

For upgrading, the 6200 is past the bottom end of graphics cards, it wont be able to run much. I would suggest spending around $120 to get a 9 series card for that PCI-E slot. (such as the 9800 gt)

Though I think you may need a new motherboard for GeForce. See the ATI logo to the right? I'm not much with motherboards, so anyone can correct me on GPU/MoBo compatibility.

Edit: Actually, if you are willing to spend the cash, i would just make a new system (or find a good deal on a new one). What are you planning to do with the computer? If its gaming, you need to basically get a new everything.

yeah i saw that ati logo, i thought the xpress was integraded with the mobo

And i'm not one who plays games on the pc, just want the aero enabled and get ready for windows 7 :)

Edit: not planning on doing anything i'm just trying to keep it "up to date" since i havent upgraded it
i bought it 3 yrs ago

EDIT: Geforce fits on AGP slot which my pc does not have, I'm going to return it and get another video card with a PCI or PCI-E slot

Last EDIT: you know what bothers me?? i cant seem to find my old card which leads me to suspect it has to do something with the ATI logo thingy

Ok. Well I can tell you that you are far under the recommended specs for Windows 7. I am running the Release Candidate of it right now, and it definitely pays off to have a decent system for it. That's the main reason people didn't like Vista, they didn't upgrade their systems to be able to handle it. I would seriously recommend investing in a new one. Parts for computers have dropped ridiculously in price over the past year, and you can pick up a good computer for around $500.

Check out Techspots buying guide if you are interested. Though instead of the ATI card in their entry level box, i would recommend getting nvidia and a motherboard that supports it.

https://www.techspot.com/guides/159-buying-guide-200904/

I'm actually running 7 right now, i saw the prices for the pcs at the store and i was tempted.
but i have one already and a laptop so i dont have room for another one

I thought 1.80 Ghz with 1.25 RAM and a AMD sempron 3200+ processor was good enough

that guide might come in handy when i have my own place, only then can i get my own computer

Oh and Thanks for the help and advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back