My PC won’t connect to the internet, only Ethernet

xM4DN355x

So, my Windows 10 PC won’t connect to the internet or mobile hotspot. None of the WiFi networks pop up, but I do know it works with Ethernet because I’ve used Ethernet before but now I want to use WiFi or hotspot. If anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Also, when I go to Change adapter settings, there is only one Network Connection and that is my Ethernet. Is there any way to add more?

Lets start with the basics..

Search for Device Manager -> Network Adapters Ensure that both wireless network card and Ethernet are enabled.

Just to be sure. Is this a PC or a laptop. If it's a PC, did you ever connect to wifi beforehand? Some PC's dont have wifi connectivity support.

It is a PC. I have used an Ethernet cable and wireless WiFi before factory resetting it recently and now it only shows Ethernet as an internet option and no WiFi option

Under Network adapters you should have something similar to the below.

upload_2019-8-19_14-50-9.png

If you support wifi you should have something similar to the Intel Dual Band Wireless AC card or Qualcomm/Realtek. Check if you do. It is possible the the appropriate drivers for the device were not installed which is why it is not working.

If they are not it is best to visit your motherboards OEM seller and install the latest chipset drivers.

That's related to something else. You said you factory reset your PC. Did you download the official drivers off your motherboards OEM website?

I don’t know because someone else factory reset it for me. It was a friend’s PC they gave to me and I have no idea how to get wireless internet because all I see is Ethernet. I can talk to my friend about the OEM website

If the drivers are installed or you have to install them you should check in computer management and make sure the WLAN auto configuration service is started.

I hope I'm not late for this or just for someone who will search this blog. I encountered the same problem today earlier. the problem might be ( closely possible if you just factory reset your pc) go to file exlporer> this pc then click that disk looking icon then click set up

Back