My PC would not turn on at first, now it does but there is no monitor signal

Hello, this morning i turned on my computer to print my school papers and then shortly after turned off my pc and left for class, when I got back home the pc would not turn on at all, I checked everything was connected but when i pressed the power button nothing happened. After trying a few times I pushed the cord in on the computer and i noticed it send jolts of power where the fan started moving a bit and stopped, then later on it turned on for max 10 seconds and then shut off again. I figured it was the power supply so I took it off at first to try another psu, however I did not find my old psu so I decided to just put it back in and reconnected everything, for some reason my computer was turning on now and staying on everything spinning, light on etc, however now it gives no signal to the monitor...I duno what's wrong with it and would apprectiate if I could get some help on how to fix it or at least to pinpoint the problem to buy the right parts. My pcu and mb are no more than a month old I just got them new so I doubt it's those two and if it is I can return them but I need to be sure. Thx in advance.

"I duno what's wrong with it"... Something died :)
Do you have on-board video or a separate video card?

"I duno what's wrong with it"... Something died :)
Do you have on-board video or a separate video card?

The videocard is on the mb, what you mean I duno much about computers.

And after a few hours my computer turned on and worked fine for about 10 mins or so and then shut down again, it seems like the northbridge on my mb is overheating, everytime its cool my computer works fine...after a while it overheats and it shuts down til its cool again. What would be causing this? Was fine before this is a month old MB from Gigabytes, processor is new too.

Who built this computer for you?

I got it from newegg, it was already assembled I just had to pick the parts and they did the assembly. However I changed the mb and processor to a better one about a month ago and worked fine and better than before. Anyways I found the problem (think) it's overheating on the northbridge thing, I opened the case and put a big house fan and it has worked fine it's keeping it cool i guess, but this is just temp i need to find a way to fix it and prevent it from over heating

If you can remove the Northbridge heatsink temporarily, use the same thermal compound you used on the CPU. Some Northbridge heatsnks use a thermal glue to secure the heatsink

Back