My Samsung Hard Disk is not being recognized by BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday while watching movie on my PC it appeared as black on the screen and stopped working. After restarting the PC it was not responding as the BIOS was unable to recognize the hard disk. It creates an unusual sound while BIOS searches drives.

1. I tried by bootting the PC using another hard disk but this HD does not appear in the windows.
2. I also tried to boot using Ubuntu live CD but failed to find my HD on it.

As it is not recognized by BIOS, I cann't use data recovery software to recover the data. I'm badly in need of all data in it.

Please someone help me in this regard to recover the data.

Brand: SAMSUNG
Model: HD252HJ
Capacity : 250 GB
Interface : Serial ATA 3.0 Gbps
Buffer memory : 16MB

Try the freezer trick. Place your hard drive in zip lock freezer bag to protect it from moisture and freeze it overnight (or a few hours at least). Quickly hook up the frozen hard drive and try to boot from it. If it works, be prepared to copy your important data as soon as possible before the hard drive warms up too much. This is not a permanent fix but it may work long enough to save your data.

It seems a funny trick. Did you mean refrigerator that we generally use at our houses to freeze foods? What is "zip lock freezer bag"?

Please be informed that this HD creates an unusual sound and took more time than usual while BIOS searches for drives but no sound when it is disconnected from the system.

Yes, the freezer section of your home refrigerator. A zip lock freezer bag is a commonly available plastic food storage bag that is available in a variety of sizes. The open end of the bag has a sealing feature built in.

Google for the hard drive freezer trick and read about it for yourself. There is no guarantee it will work but it is worth trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back