My Vaio VGN-NW11S/S restarts frequently or freezes

Hello everyone!!

The problem in my vaio vgn-nw11s is it restarts or freezes frequently. I have tried different steps to get rid of it but still i m having problems. following are the list that i already performed

- cleaned the fan and vents

-installed speedfan and check the temp of cpu and its below 50c.

- disabled auto restart so that i can get report but it didn't work.

-finally gone through the VAIO's hardware daigonistic tool and the result says CPU,MEMORY,HARD DISK all are OK..Also gone thorough windows memory diagonistic and says memory is working corretly..

Finally i completely restored my laptop to the factory settings and still my laptop restarts/freezees!!!

Can Anyone help me to get rid of this problem?? Thanks guys!! And i already ran out of warranty as well ..

ya i had done restore using formatting hard drive...

ok now i thing there is something wrong with my hardware..i have noticed that when ever i move the screen or move the laptop then it either freezes or crashes..

do you have any idea which hardware may be faulty??

thanks

"...i have noticed that when ever i move the screen"...
Do you mean the top of the laptop (the LCD display)? If so, you probably have a pinched or shorting wire inside the laptop

I face the same issue. is thee any soluion for it / is it hardware related issue ? I cleaned fan ram & did all basic corrections. een instaled new HDD. how to resolve the issue ?

I'll give you a link to a post where the same problem was occurring. Sony Vaios are not reliable and perhaps it's as well that they no longer make laptops. High prices are no guarantee of quality. The thread doesn't provide an answer but it shows what was tried to resolve the issue. My money would be on a poor connection somewhere so fiddling with drivers or reinstalling Windows is unlikely to help - but that's just my opinion.
https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101108105538AA8mRCU

Ya I saw that when googled and found this thread too.
even this link.
I even used a local laptop repair shop. they cudnt trace any. as long it doesn freeze r hand u r ok.
http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/pcs-...tarts-frequently-or-frezzes/m-p/250302#M24495

looks like mother board problem. but I am from india not UK where the laptop was sold. want ot know the compatible board/motherboad name to find one to be purchased which is the likely solution - replacement of board.

I'd favour replacing the laptop rather than the motherboard and cut my losses The replacement might well develop the same fault all supposing that it is the motherboard in the first place..

Back