My WD hard disk died, options please

Tommygunn

I turned my computer on yesterday morning and after realising it was taking way too long to boot Windows 10, the screen switched to a Windows logo boot screen with 'analysing and repairing, E: % complete' or something to that effect. However, in the end, after booting to my C: SSD it could not help and my E: HD is unable to be accessed.
Basically access denied.
I tried Western Digitals 'Data Lifeguard' tool and it is telling me that there is something wrong and probably bad sectors.
What to do? Is there something I can do as a novice or am I going to have to shell out for a professional to get the data off that I need?

Ideas?
Tom.

If the western digitals diagnostic tool said there is bad sectors...
Sadly and slowly that hard drive will die out soon.
Yes you can attempt to zero fill those bad sectors.
When you're mobo bios tells you it detects a hard drive failure.
Be super sure you back up only the most important files you need.
Anything just leave it there, if you bought your hard drives recently.
Check your digital receipt, check the warrenty for the hard drive.
Western digital is superb about replacing it or providing advanced technical support.
Now if you have no more warrenty service, just go ahead and replace it with a newer model.

WD is also notorius to say that a new HDD is a counterfeit. It happened to me witha one day old one, even though I bought one DIRECTLY from them! (wd black 2.5" 500gb). I will never ever own a wd nor a Seagate again! Not ever!

WD is also notorius to say that a new HDD is a counterfeit. It happened to me witha one day old one, even though I bought one DIRECTLY from them! (wd black 2.5" 500gb). I will never ever own a wd nor a Seagate again! Not ever!

You get some bad batches other times you get good ones.
I don't know what happened on your end, but I had 2 rma western digital drives during the 1 year warranty.
Both of them were digital green power saving, the technician told me it was an engineering problem on their end in 2010.

Seagates they just don't last long like they use to back in the old days.
Or they end up failing right from the get go during the first 3-6 months.
There problem is strictly a manufacturing and engineering problems.
You want something to laugh at while finding out good information ?
Go check out the newegg, amazon and other lead tech stores reviews for the drives.
Nobody believes me at first when I tell them, slowly but surely they steer clear from seagate because of it.

Back