(Nearly) Unresponsive in Europe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a computer shipped to me in Vienna, having some problems.

The computer worked perfectly in Seattle, no real problems to report.

Now, however, the case is pretty wrecked, the plastic in the front cracked, the door completely broken off. Everything inside looks completely undamaged.

I unplugged everything from the power supply unit, flipped the switch to accept 230V/50Hz, and put the power cable in. Nothing blew up. So I reattached everything, at least I think I have...

The LEDs on the outside of the case flicker for one split-second upon pushing the power switch, then nothing. Everything is to specification, the fans are not directly powered, but powered by their "Output controller" as specified here: http://www.aspireusa.net/umanual/um-x-navigator.pdf . The "input controller" is connected to the PSU as specified as well. Yet this is all I can seem to get, one flash of light from the LEDs and then nothing. The motherboard LED (NOT the outside LEDs) lights up every time the power cable comes in, for as long as the power cable is connected. I don't think anything got blown up from voltage, but I worry about damage in transit...

Anyone?

I worry about damage in transit

In view of the fact that many piezo devices and, indeed, printed circuit boards, are reasonably 'shock sensitive', taken with your description of case damage, I feel your concerns are justified :( -- That said, I suggest you attempt disconnection/reconnection of every bus-card and system board connector prior to bootstrap...

In any event the courier deserves a swift kick to the 'hiney' (metaphorically speaking of course ;) )

With regards
Dan

As was said. Unplug and replug all power supply connections to the mobo. No beeps or post sounds like a dead PSU, but maybe it's just a cabling not seated properly.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back