Need a external Wi-Fi antenna

steelth

I need a extrenal wifi antenna under 40dollars anyone know of a good 1 to get for a desktop .thank you for your help

I'm sry i should of been clearer on what i was asking about. I have a wireless router in one room and a very old computer in another room. I need to get an antenna for my computer to pick it up. I would preferr to get an external 1. I seen alot of different ones and price differences but i have no clue whats good. Thanks again for any help.

You're still not very clear. You are asking for antennas but seem to be asking for a wireless adapter.

You mentioned an external unit. Do you mean you are not interested in a PCI or PCI-E adapter? These kind of adapters plug into a PCI or PCI-E slot on the motherboard. The antenna sticks out from the I/O plate at the back of the PC. Alternately, you can get an antenna with an extension cable so you can move it around for better reception.

Or do you mean something like this? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704052

This can be used as an access point to receive the wireless signal and it connects to your PC through the motherboard's LAN port. Because it connects by a cable you can move the AP unit around for better reception like the extension cord example above. This unit is just an example for discussion purposes and I'm not recommending it specifically. I actually use a similar unit by D-Link but the model is not currently made.

i seen 1 at Walmart that plugs into your usb and has a cord , the sales man there said those types were the best because you can move it around, but the brand they had there was a cheap brand i don't like. so i thought someone that had one might know of a good one . I could get a pci type but it's for my eldery parents and i think the usb port type with a cord would be better for them so they could move it around rather than moveing a computer if there signal was weak in that area. thank you for takeing the time to help me out.I seen alot of these types i just don't know the difference in them i would hate to spend their money on something that barely works.

Back