Need a little help with buying new mobo and processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey , I had an idea to upgrade my computer and decided buying MSI 915PL Neo-F Motherboard and Intel E5200 dual core processor. The question is that, if my mobo supports that processor, 'cause it is said on one page(that I couldn't link yet) that Compatible processors are Intel Pentium 4 and Celeron D.

Does it mean that I should look for Intel Pentium 4 instead of Dual Core?

Thanks ahead

Your motherboard does not support the E5200.

Check this link : http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-MSI/915PL_Neo-V_(MS-7143).html

My advice would be to get a better motherboard than looking to get a Pentium 4.

Just out of curiosity, what do you use your computer for? Any reasons as to why you went with this particular MSI motherboard when you decided to upgrade? What were your system specs prior to this?

Okay, well I went for MSI because it was very cheap and except the unsupport of dual core, it met all my needs. I use computer for gaming, music, videos, and for school. Before that(I mean at tjhe moment) I have computer from year 2000: AOpen AX6BC motherboard, 512 Mb RAM, P3 processor 525Mhz, Geforce4 MX440 graphics card with 64mb memory (soon my friend lends me his old radeon x1300 card) and Creative Live! value sound card.

Hmmm...
Well I'd just suggest that you keep the E5200 and get a different mobo. It's a good processor. If you're using your system for gaming then I would ask you to reconsider your entire setup.

If you do think of upgrading be sure to look at this thread : https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic133075.html

Anyway, YMMV. Best of luck.

well, I found a new setup: ASRock G31M-S mobo, Dual Core and 2 APACER RAM sticks

ht tp:// img268. ima geshack .us / img 268 / 9871 / raminfo.png

Remove the spaces and copy the link

Where are you located and what is your budget? We may be able to give you some specific recommendations.

I would recommend against the Apacer RAM for a gaming system; buy from Corsair, Crucial, Kingston or OCZ instead.

I am located in Estonia and with that setup my budget will be pushed to the limits, but I found Kingston RAM stick within same price range

There's the info:

Standard 128M X 64 Non-ECC 667MHz 200-pin Unbuffered SODIMM (DDR2, 1.8V, CL5)

Memory type
DDRII 667

Memory clock 667 MHz
Capacity 1 GB
Unit Brutto Volume 0.000168 cubm
Unit Net Weight 0.04 kg
Unit Gross Weight 0.0427 kg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back