Need a second opinion about this system

Status
Not open for further replies.

andoyan

Hello All
i saw this system in Costco i wanted a second opinion to see if it is worth the price, the system is a E-machine, with AMD Athlon x 2 4850 prossesor 3Gbite memory, 160 G bite Hard drive, Read/Writes Cd/DVD, and also it comes with a windows Vista home premium, and a 18.5" LCD monitor with built in speakers PRICE $399.00.
Can anyone make comment about this system good or bad
thank you for your help.
Jon

Just one tech's opinion, but I think there are very few truly bad bad personal computers based on reliability and cost to use or maintain.. In our opinion, they are Packard Bell which is no longer marketed in the US or Canada but are still sold in England and Wales, the Tiny computers once sold in Great Britain and no longer sold anywhere, and the eMachines sto;; sold all over the world. The eMachines simply do not last. Their motherboards fail permanently much too often. The cost to maintain an eMachine is much too high, although the initial cost is low. The monitors do not last either. Of course you will meet some users who still thing their eMachine is fine. But not many, percentage-wise.

Certainly, you can do better. Can't you?

It is about the right price for what your getting, however you really have to just look at your own usage. For example, don't try any intense gaming on this computer, it won't look good.

As a simple desktop computer to browse the web, email, watch video's and play music, its fine. The worst part is probably the harddrive, it is a little small but if you think it provides for your needs, then its not much of a problem.

Hi andoyan,
depends on what you want to do with it. but that is about the going rate for a system like that (walmart etc) for another $50 you can get a more powerful machine of a more reputable brand, and get away from the e-machine psu/motherboards that fail prematurely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back