Need Advice on intergrated and my current video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
My current System is
Athlon xp 2500+:1.83ghz
l2 cache:512kb
ram:1.512 can only hold up to 2gb of ram
video card:nivida geforce 7600gs

The System im looking at it has nivida geforce 8200 intergrated which was not mention is the following below
Processor
Processor brand ?
Processor brand: AMD

Refers to the company that manufactures the processor.

View full glossary
close window

Processor brand: Refers to the company that manufactures the processor.
AMD
Processor type ?
Processor type: Athlon 64 X2

The generation/basic model of the processor.

View full glossary
close window

Processor type: The generation/basic model of the processor.
Athlon 64 X2
Processor speed ?
Processor speed: 2.50GHz

The number of calculations that the processor can handle in one second measured in millions of cycles (MHz).

View full glossary
close window

Processor speed: The number of calculations that the processor can handle in one second measured in millions of cycles (MHz).
2.50GHz
Bus speed ?
Bus speed: N/A

The maximum rate of communication between the processor and the rest of the system, measured in millions of cycles (MHz).

View full glossary
close window

Bus speed: The maximum rate of communication between the processor and the rest of the system, measured in millions of cycles (MHz).
N/A
Level 2 cache 2 x 512KB
Level 3 cache N/A
Memory
RAM 4GB
RAM expandable to: Info unavailable
Memory type (RAM) Info unavailable
Storage/Drives
Hard drive size ?
Hard drive size: 320GB

Hard drive space is typically measured in Gigabytes (GB) or storage; the larger the number, the more programs, games and data you can use on your computer.

View full glossary
close window

Hard drive size: Hard drive space is typically measured in Gigabytes (GB) or storage; the larger the number, the more programs, games and data you can use on your computer.
320GB
Hard drive speed 7200RPM
Burns DVDs Yes
Lightscribe No
Expansion
Available PCI-E x1 slots 0
Available 3.5" bays 0
Available 5.25" bays 0
Available PCI-E x16 slots 1
Available PCI slots N/A
Ports
USB 2.0 ?
USB 2.0: 8

USB is a standard connection port on most PCs. This will allow you to quickly and easily connect and sync the device with your computer.

View full glossary
close window

USB 2.0: USB is a standard connection port on most PCs. This will allow you to quickly and easily connect and sync the device with your computer.
Firewire ?
Firewire: 1

FireWire (or IEEE 1394) is a type of data transfer. Devices with FireWire output can transfer footage directly to a PC with a compatible cable.

View full glossary
close window

Firewire: FireWire (or IEEE 1394) is a type of data transfer. Devices with FireWire output can transfer footage directly to a PC with a compatible cable.
DVI (Digital Video Interface) ?
DVI (Digital Video Interface): 1

This is a digital interface for connecting a video source, such as a DVD player, to an HDTV or HD monitor. DVI has the necessary bandwidth for uncompressed, HD digital video.

View full glossary
close window

DVI (Digital Video Interface): This is a digital interface for connecting a video source, such as a DVD player, to an HDTV or HD monitor. DVI has the necessary bandwidth for uncompressed, HD digital video.
TV tuner ?
TV tuner: No

A TV tuner lets you watch broadcast TV on the system.

View full glossary
close window

TV tuner: A TV tuner lets you watch broadcast TV on the system.
No
Internet/networking
Ethernet Yes
Built-in wireless No
Dial-up modem Included
Graphics/video
Video memory 256MB
Video memory type Shared
Software
Operating system Windows® Vista Home Premium

Is it Enough to be able to play warhammer age of reckioning i played in beta with my current system i can play the setting on high but it movies sometimes slowly im guessing that is because i dont have enough ram but i can only get 512 more and i dont want to waste money if that isnt going to help so im wondering if the other system is better with intergrated i wouldnt be able to afford getting another video card for the new system and the nivida geforce 7600gs is AGP and wont go in the new one since only pci and express slots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back