Need advise on picking a motherboard and processor

Hi all, I'm wanting to build another pc since my old one is ...well, old. So I thought I would ask all of you for some advice. What I intend to do with this system is graphics editing (photoshop), watch movies, database stuff, etc. I need something that will last awhile. My last system is still running, albeit very slowly these days due to being old, but was good for 7 years! I had an Asus motherboard and an Intel Processor and of course maxed out the RAM, lots of fans and NVIDIA graphics card.

Money wise, I don't want to spend an arm, leg and my first born, but I don't want to have to replace my system 2 years from now either. I intend to run Windows 7 on this, do some gaming, use Photoshop and Microsoft Office as well as other programs. Do any of you have any suggestions? I appreciate the advice! Thanks in advance. -AJ

What's your budget and what if anything are you keeping from your old system. If you just want guide, check out the TechSpot system guide or the Tech Report system guide. It covers all price ranges.

Back