Need game recommendations

Ritwik7

Hi Guys!

I'm really in need of some good games to play now.

Currently I'm working my way through Metro 2033. I've played the entire S.T.A.L.K.E.R series, Crysis (+ Warhead), Modern Warfare (1 and 2), Bad Company 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Mass Effect 2, Arkham Asylum and the likes. Loved them all.

It would be really nice if you guys could recommend some nice shooters, FPS or otherwise. Look forward to your inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Haven't tried it. I figured Metro would be better so went ahead and got it first. So you say Singularity? Any other options?

Singularity was only released recently. I've played Metro 2033 as well and I can confidently say that Sing is much better, at least more fun anyways. Other than that you're likely to have already played most of my recommendations. There haven't been too many great shooters on PC this year.

If you're looking for a fun open world game, then look no further than Just Cause 2. This game may appear mediocre at first, and the story and characters are garbage, but it's a blast to play since the possibilities of destruction are nearly limitless.

I'm not too sure about Just Cause 2. I remember having tried Red Faction Guerrilla and did not like it one bit even though the environment was fully destructible.

Any idea about Borderlands, Saboteur and the likes?

Also, if I were to pick up a racing game, what would you suggest? Dirt 2, Blur or Split Second? I'll be playing Single Player.

Borderlands is great if you play the online Co-op modes, but sort of boring alone. Saboteur is crap imo, and not worth any time.

Racing is my specialty, and all of those games you mentioned offer great single-player modes with the exception of Blur which is more multi-player oriented. I played through the whole career mode in just a few sittings. It's fun but the real good times are online when there is just carnage. Of course if you're not into that sort of thing then single-player should be sufficient.

Also, if I were to pick up a racing game, what would you suggest? Dirt 2, Blur or Split Second? I'll be playing Single Player.

I keep telling ya RIT, DIRT 2! :wave:
It really shows what DX 9 can be if you don't have a DX11 card. Its very good.

StarCraft2 campaign was fun for me, quite enjoyed the storyline and the gameplay. And I'm not a RTS veteran.

PC Driving games I recommend GRID and DIRT2 - I've thoroughly enjoyed those two. I've seen GRID on the consoles and it seems pretty bad on those. I'd also recommend Dragon Age - even though it might not be your style of game.

Thanks a lot ExcellR8.

red1776 said:
I keep telling ya RIT, DIRT 2!

I know Greg! But I wasn't sure if it was only eye candy! :D Also, any particular games you recommend.

Arris said:
StarCraft2 campaign was fun for me, quite enjoyed the storyline and the gameplay. And I'm not a RTS veteran.

I actually have never really played an RTS before. Long time back I tried Civilization III and Age of Empires and got bored (was not much of a gamer then). Also played World in Conflict a couple of years back but never took to it as my machine could barely play the game then. You still think StarCraft 2 is worth a shot?

As LNC submitted, GRID is also a decent choice for fans of the Dirt series. It's not as deep as most simulation racers but the career mode is solid enough to recommend and overall i think it's underrated. The game also looks great on PC and is compatible with a few wheels. The drifting is some of the best I've seen in games and the Togue mode is fun online. The driving AI is also pretty hilarious at times...

I know Greg! But I wasn't sure if it was only eye candy! Also, any particular games you recommend.

None that have not been covered....other than Dirt 2 :p:wave: No the game-play is fantastic, as are the physics. a tremendous amount of courses and events, and the best DX 9 ever I have seen. (you can only play it in DX 9 or DX 11)

I'd say give Fallout 3 GOTY edition a try if you haven't already. RPG/FPS hybrid like game that should definitely take some time to finish + all the DLC you get. Beyond that I'm not sure what other shooter like game you'd be interested in for the PC since you've already covered most of my favorites. There are some good console games out like Red Dead Redemption, but I'm not sure you have one.

I have recently just through playing Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands and it is very good game with some updated graphics compared to earlier ones.

Back