Need help from hardware experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

singapork

Hello, i have a problem with my computer and I hope someone could help me explain this cause I cant come to a conclusion on my prob. I suspect it’s the ram problem, but again, I don’t have that much knowledge therefore I need help.

Im currently using Windows XP SP2, RAM of 256kb(226mhz I tink), Hard disk of 40 GB.

Heres the situation:

At first, when I boot up my computer, this message appears:

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
\windows\System32\Drivers\Isapnp.sys

I took out my ram, and clean it, and its slot. I tried using other slot and still the message appears.

After reading this article, support.microsoft.com/kb/315311/en-us, i thought my file was just corrupted. I needed to use the com badly, and I didn’t have any xp cd, therefore I thought I could just reformat using windows ME cd since I didn’t have any important data on my hard disk (lets call this hard disk A).

I delete the partition that I had in A, and tried to repartition it, however, after repartitioning, the ME cd did not work.

Few days later, I got an XP cd and also another hard disk, which was only 1.73GB (lets name this hard disk B).

I tried to reformat A with the XP cd, however it could not reformat in NTFS format. I tried restarting, and at the page where partitioning is usually done using XP cd, it stated that it could not access my hard disk. I press enter, and the blue screen of death appeared:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Technical info
**stop*** 0x00000050(0xE10AA008, 0x00000000, 0xF9E329EF, 0x00000001)
Setupdd.sys – Address F9E329EF base at F9E1100 datestamped 41107C8F

I tried restarting again, and the same error message appears.

I gave up on A and tried on B instead. It didn’t allow me to partition in NTFS too. I
tried FAT, and to my surprise, I was able to partition and reformat the whole com with the XP cd.

My com worked well until the day after, when it says it could not detect any hard disk.
I tried restarting a few times, but still, it was showing me the same error message.

I got fed up and tried hooking another working hard disk(lets call this C) to my com. My com detected C, and I tried starting it in safe mode, however this error message appears again :

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
\windows\System32\Drivers\Isapnp.sys

I tried restarting it again, and another error message appears:
Error in hard disk

LOL i give up!

Now my question is:

Whats going on with my computer actually?

Is the prob associated with RAM(faulty ram/spoilt ram port)? Or is it my IDE connector?
Or maybe its just the hard disk? (lol)

Can A work or is it damaged since my com detected it, but could not access it?

If it’s a ram problem, how is it possible that I can still reformat using FAT, but not NTFS?

So do you suggest getting just parts of the com(eg ram/mobo/connector) or just get a new one? (my com is more than 6 yrs old, running on intel pentium 4 processor)

I’d really appreciate if someone could just explain whats going on, I wanna learn more so in case I face such problem, I’ll know what to do. Thank you very much for your help! :)

Thanks for the reply, i'll run mem test asap and post the result by this week.

as for the XP cd, theres nothing wrong with it.

I was just wondering if the RAM could be the cause of the com not detecting the hard disk? is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back