NEED HELP PLEASE (big problem and lost)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this is what is going on. Today is wed. sept 15th and as of 2 days ago I am having problems running games. Everything else is running fine can surf the web write emails etc..
But then when I try to play a game trouble - when I try raven shield I get 5 min. or so into it and the screen blinks on and off for a min. or so then it goes back to the game then 5 min later again and this time it blinks longer then the intervals of when it starts to blink get shorter.
When I try to play Joint Ops the game stutters (freeze for 30 sec to a min. then unfreeze for 2 seconds then freeze again) it does it in the game or even trying to get into a server - hell even when the game first starts. I hear this loud clicking noise in the front of my case where the hard drive is (it sounds like something is stuck you know that sound when a cd or something is stuck click click)
I have removed and replaced graphic drivers (newest) along with all bios, sound drivers updated to service pack 2 ran adware, antivirus, trojan finder, spy sweeper, registry mechanic etc. and still the same problem. I am totally lost here and could use some help please never had this problem before just the occasional crashes.

My system is---

Asus p4s8x pentium 4-2.4 (sis 648 chipset)
audigy gamer soundcard
creative 5.1 surround
radeon 9800 pro 128
2 sticks pc 2100 ddr 512
maxtor 160 gig hard drive

Hi, I don't like the sound of the mechanical clicking, this could be indicative of the impending demise of your hard disk. My first suggestion would be to back up all of your data, re-format your hard disk and re-install Windows, yes, I know that's a bit drastic but in my experience unusual mechanical sound from hard disks denotes the beginning of the end for it. Regards, Adrian.

Or at the very least, use a drive-check utility (Maxtor may have one on their site) to see if you've got problems there. How old is the drive and is it under warranty yet? Most dive manufacturers will want you to run their diagnostics first anyway before replacement. Good luck.

u use latest Ati Catalyst drivers? Or did you disable the power saving features. If you can afford, try at least buy UDMA66, 100, 133 EIDE cable, should help a bit.

Sounds Like a Graphic Card Problem. only happens in games when Graphic card working the most.
I would reformat start from scratch then you'll be able to see more clearly if it's hardware or software/Driver that's creating this Problem.

We all have had problems sorting these problems is part of computing :stickout:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back